Vacancy title: Assistant Auditor
Deadline of this Job:08 July 2020
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries
Open To Internal And External Candidates
National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries its mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda, wishes to recruit the following;
Job Title: Assistant Auditor
No. of Vacancy: 01
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration of Commitment: 3 years
Reporting To: Internal Auditor Overall Job Purpose: To assist in conducting routine internal audit engagements in accordance with laid regulations and guidelines.
Age Limit: 25-45 years.
- Assists in examining the correctness of financial records and completeness of documentation;
- Verifying receipts, matches and undertakes on-line reconciliation of invoices and local purchase orders for goods and services procured prior to effecting payment;
- Reviewing the completion of accountability returns, verifies and retires advance ledgers, Reviewing periodic bank reconciliations;
- Verifying payroll change requests and reports to ensure the correctness of computations, payments and deductions;
- Certifies and follows-up approval and payment to beneficiaries and
- Undertakes any other official duties as may be assigned by the immediate Supervisor
Job Skills: Not Specified
- A Diploma in Business Administration or Commerce with a bias in accounting obtained from a recognized awarding institution
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Commerce with a bias in Accounting is an added advantage.
- Working Experience of at least three (3) years of service as an Accounts Assistant or Audit Assistant in Government or equivalent level of experience in accounting or internal audit work from a reputable organization.
Job Education: Diploma
Job Experience: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All CV, applications and testimonials (including 3 work references) should either be hand-delivered or sent the following email: email@example.com and should be addressed to:
The Executive Director
Attn: Human Resource/Administration,
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre & Data Bank,
P.O. Box 183 Nsamizi Road, Entebbe,
NOTE: This advert cancels the previous advert placed in the New Vision of Monday 6th April 2020. Therefore, jobs which don't appear in this advert but had previously been advertised should be considered withdrawn with regard to this recruitment. Accordingly, applicants who responded in the previous advert are encouraged to re-apply. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity to all. PWDs and Female applicants are specifically encouraged to apply. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the above positions, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall automatically lead to disqualification.