Vacancy title: Commissioner, Land Registration
Deadline of this Job:29 September 2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill available vacancies in Ministries/Departments/Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 29/9/2020. The link to the e-recruitment system can be accessed at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors .
Ministry/Department Ministry of Lands, Housing & Urban Development
Post: Commissioner, Land Registration
Reference: HRM 70/179/01
Minimum Age: 35.
- The incumbent will be responsible to the Director of Land Management for performing the following duties:
- Providing technical leadership and guidance in the review and development of policies, legislation, standards, regulations, and guidelines for land registration and conveyancing;
- Providing technical and administrative leadership for the efficient and effective conduct of land registration and titling programs, projects and activities as planned;
- Initiating and supervising the conduct of national studies and research on land registration, conveyancing, and incidental activities;
- Planning, budgeting and accounting for the resources and performance of the Department;
- Supervising the implementation of policies, legislation, standards, and regulations on land registration and conveyancing;
- Planning and supervising the provision of technical support, support supervision and training to local governments and other relevant stakeholders in the fields of land registration and conveyancing;
- Providing legal and technical guidance to Government on matters incidental to land registration and conveyancing;
- Supervising and ensuring the proper custody and updating the national land register and certificates of titles;
- Supervising, mentoring and appraising the performance of the staff of the Land Registration Department;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Law; or Land Management; or Land Economics; or Urban Planning; or Physical Planning; or Business Administration; plus, a Masters Degree in any of the above fields and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice in any of the above fields from a recognized University/Institution. Applicants should be a registered advocate of the High Court.
- Applicants should have twelve (12) years of relevant working experience in the field of land registration and conveyancing, three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Assistant Commissioner in Government or equivalent level from a reputable organization.
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
- Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi-Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
- Strategic Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Policy Development, Change Management, Research, and Project Management Skills.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants are advised to:
- Apply ON-LINE.
- Scan and submit relevant documents (‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree and Professional Documents, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation, and promotion) on-line.
- Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
- Officers serving in the Public Service are required to print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain a recommendation from their Responsible Officers. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit them online.
Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
- Click on “register as a new user” to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Biodata moving downwards
- If you already have an account simply click on your right and update your profile
- Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
- View the Job Details and Click “Apply now”.
- Review your application and SUBMIT.
NB. You can only apply for one post.
- Only applications on-line will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified through their e-mail addresses.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them their original certificates, transcripts, letters of employment, National Identity Cards, Letters from Referees during the Oral Interviews.
- Shortlisted Officers serving in the Public Service should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisal forms for the last three (3) Financial Years are submitted to the Commission before the date for Oral Interviews.
- In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org