Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an INGO promoting adult education and community development among refugees since 1997 as an operational partner to UNHCR and OPM. FRC is currently seeking for dynamic, qualified Ugandans to fill the following positions;
Duty Station : Frc Country Office - Kampala
Reports To : Human Resource & Finance Manager
Duration : 2 Years (Renewable Annually)
The primary responsibility is to provide professional technical finance and accounting services, to keep a clean accounting system and procedures, and ensure timely reporting..
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Payment and procurement preparations (30%)
• Oversee and prepare all financial transactions to ensure conformity with approved accounting and budgetary control systems, procedures and regulations.
• Pre-check procurement and service provider vouchers and bills before payments are authorised.
• Prepare and maintain staff payroll; posting of salary, NSSF and PAYE payments into electronic systems, and prepare salary slips to staff on a monthly basis.
• Ensure all statutory payments and dues are remitted and filing done.
Accounting and Financial Reporting (60%)
• Follow up, receive and track all accountability of advances from project staff.
• Follow up the utilisation of advances against project budget.
• Reconcile by 10th of every month the bank accounts and cash receipts for HQ book keeping and assist in monthly and annual income and expenditure statements preparation for both HQ and donors.
• Ensure that all finance related documents are stored appropriately in the FRC electronic and physical filing system.
• Ensure the standard Financial accounting procedures, plus FRC finance manual guided accounting principles are adhered to.
• Provide and submit to HQ all necessary documentation related to audits.
• Prepare monthly narrative reports as part of the consolidated operations report.
• File in annual URA tax returns and other tax related documents and requests, and act as focal point on all tax related issues with URA.
• Assist in controlling the approved budgets and ensure that expenditures comply with grant/donor agreements.
• Revise, in liaison with the supervisor and the Accountancy Unit at the FRC HQ, the finance policies, systems and procedures of the organization.
• Support in preparation of new project proposal’s budgets.
• Carry out field verification visits for the different projects when relevant.
• Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and competencies:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Other finance related degrees such as Business Administration or Commerce can be considered, if accompanied with full professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA).
• Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management an advantage.
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience in a finance role
• Flexible with good communication, feedback, and interpersonal and supervisory skills, assertive and able to question unclear transactions.
• Able to work with a multi-cultural environment within the organization.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Other finance related degrees such as Business Administration or Commerce can be considered, if accompanied with full professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA).
Job Experience Requirements: At least 3 years’ relevant experience in a finance role
Job application procedure
Email Application by 15th November 2019 to; email@example.com
Include in your application letter:
- Basic salary request,
- maximum 4-page long CV and 1-page Application letter on one attachment
- contact details (email and telephone) of 3 professional reference persons.
Do not email copies of certificates. Those are requested from short listed candidates