Uganda Clays Limited is Uganda's leading manufacturer of quality building products located at Kajjansi, 14 Kilometers along Kampala-Entebbe Road with a second factory at Kamonkoli in Mbale. The company seeks to recruit competent and dynamic individuals of high integrity to fill the following position.
Reports to: Financial Accountant.
The Accounts Officer is responsible for providing scheduled support to the Financial Accounting function by maintaining accurate and up to date accounts payable ledgers, preparing monthly ledger reconciliations, contributing to preparation of financial statements and ensuring compliance with tax regulations. .
• Support the preparation of financial statements
• Ensure proper tax compliance according to URA requirements
• Ensure that the Accounts Clerk makes accurate and timely payments to vendors, service providers and other stakeholders in a way that ensures good ongoing relationships
• Supervising the Accounts Clerk
• Detail oriented
• Good numerical skills
• Quick at learning
• Getting work done
• Communication and information management.
• Thinking and problem analysis.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in commerce, Business studies, majoring in accounting
• Full CPA
• Three (3) years in a manufacturing set up.
• Proficient use of Microsoft dynamics (Navision).
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in commerce
Job Experience Requirements: Three (3) years
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CVS, present position, copies of certificates / testimonials and addresses of three (3) referees plus day-time telephone/Mobile phone contacts to the address below. All applications should be submitted NOT later than 21st October 2019 to:
The Head of HR and Support Services, Uganda Clays Ltd, P.O. Box 3188, Kampala.
Uganda Clays limited is an equal opportunity employer. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification