The Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage i electricity distribution network and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. The company monitors Umeme Ltd's investment, generation, and distribution of power in eight territories covering over 67 Districts, operation of the pole plant at Lugogo, and execution of some rural electrification schemes on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources. The Company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandans for the following roles: .
To keep an updated electronic inventory by constant reconciliations of all transactions.
• Ensure accurate, timely and appropriate classification recording and analysis of financial transaction in the Electronic Financial System.
• Reconcile the General Ledger to subsidiary ledgers
• Assist in the period financial closing process.
• Advise management of efficient use of financial resources
• Explain financial procedure and accounting policies to staff, suppliers, auditors and clients.
• Ensure compliance with laws and regulations including tax and other regulatory requirements.
• High level of Integrity, Team Player, self-drive, able to work under pressure and excellent Communicator.
• A university degree in Accounting, Finance, (OR: Statistics, mathematics, economics, computer science – with Part of Accounting Professional training).
• Pursuing a Professional Course like CPA, ACCA, CIMA will be added advantage.
• Excellent computer skills
• 3 years’ experience in a similar role, in a comparable busy Organisation.
• Knowledge of Sun Systems, Ms Excel, Ms Word and outlook will be an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Job application procedure
All interested candidates who wish to join UEDCL in the aforementioned capacities are encouraged to visit our website at http://www.uedcl.co.ug : select "Careers" to view the job details and follow the application instructions. After reviewing the job detail, candidates uploads should not exceed IMB. Please note that the deadline for receiving applications is 18th November 2019 at 5:00 pm.