Vacancy title:4 Administrative Assistants
Deadline of this Job:20 October 2021
For over seventy years, ChildFund International has provided support to deprived, excluded, and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunities to become young adults, parents, and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting, and advancing the worth and rights of children. Our core commitment is child-centered change that will ensure healthy and secure infants, educated and confident children, and youth who are skilled and engage meaningfully in the affairs and decision-making processes within their communities. Exciting Career Opportunities ChildFund Uganda is working in over 30 districts to develop the capacities of local community-based organizations to be able to mobilize resources and implement programs that improve the wellbeing of deprived, excluded, and vulnerable children.
Contingent upon funding, ChildFund, in partnership with Nutrition International, will be supporting the MoH in implementation of VAS in 130 districts. Consequently, ChildFund Uganda seeks to recruit suitably qualified, self-driven, and result-oriented candidates for the following positions.
Administrative Assistants (4)
The Administrative Assistant provides logistical and administrative support to the Project team. S/he will also assist with projects documentation. The incumbent will be an important part of the team and will gain exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders and partners.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Support the day-to-day functioning of the Project team.
- Assist in documenting project activity reports and maintaining timely flow-through of expense reporting.
- Provides meeting support and logistics to the Project team.
- Assist with travel planning and preparation for individual team members.
- Prepare and maintain regular performance reporting in support of project processes.
- Maintain contact lists and validate email list-serve for project key contacts and beneficiaries.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Social Works and Social Administration, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Procurement & Supply Chain or related discipline.
- 2-3 years experience in administrative support or similar role, showcasing outlined capacities.
- Excellent communication skills (developing correspondence, presentations, etc.) across multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to maintain confidentiality and a high level of discretion.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and perform multiple tasks with attention to detail required.
- Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office applications with advanced use of Excel and strong use of MS Word and MS PowerPoint required Experience with budget tracking.
- Team player, self-starter, sense of humor, and ability to contribute to a strong and friendly working environment.
- Ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders, manage time effectively and negotiate deadlines
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, please submit your Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional papers, and names of 3 work related Referees with their Email/ daytime telephone contacts to:
THE COUNTRY DIRECTOR
CHILD FUND INTERNATIONAL
PO BOX 3342
KAMPALA Email: email@example.com
Hand delivers to ChildFund Country Office located on
Plot 71/72 Namirembe Road
NOTE: While we appreciate every response to this advert, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and all employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks including criminal background check.
ChildFund is an equal opportunity employer. Application Deadline: 20th October 2021