Vacancy title:Assistant Assessment Officer, Library and Records Management
Deadline of this Job:23 January 2021
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) is one of the national Assessment Boards in Uganda. This is a professional Examinations Board with the mandate to streamline, regulate, coordinate, and conduct credible examinations and award Certificates and Diplomas in the Business, Technical and Vocational professions. The Board, therefore, conducts Business, Technical and Vocational examinations, including Applied Science specialties such as Biological Sciences (Agricultural, Fisheries, Wildlife, Forestry, Beekeeping, and other related fields), Physical Sciences (Meteorology, Surveys and Land Management, and other related fields), Cooperative, Social Development, Hotel, Catering and Tourism. UBTEB is committed to conduct quality applied knowledge and skills Examinations with an ultimate goal of enabling the students to access further upward academic progressions and employment in the world of work. The Board emphasizes Integrity and transparency, Valid and Reliable Assessment, Commitment and Teamwork, Security and confidentiality, and Professionalism as the key guiding principles for building a strong organization.
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) now invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts in its establishment under the Directorates of Examinations Management and that of Finance, Human Resource and Administration. All applicants should be computer literate. The Board offers an attractive salary and benefit package to these positions.
Job Title: Assistant Assessment Officer, Library and Records Management (1 post)
Ref No: UBTEB/HRM-EXT/010/01/2021
Salary Scale: BTEB 6
Reports to: Assessment Officer, Library and Records Management
Department: Business, Humanities, and Social Sciences
Assist in implementing examination processes in Library and Records Management. .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an efficient filing system associated with all aspects of examinations;
- Assist the IT department with data inputting as required;
- Check all examination fees and charges for each examination period;
- Assist in the distribution of examination results and dealing with queries arising from results;
- Distribute necessary stationery and materials related to the smooth running of the examination;
- Checking examination entries;
- Checking statistical data related to all entries and the analysis of results;
- Responsible for secure storage of examination papers/stationery;
- Participate in typesetting examination items;
- Receive and record continuous assessment marks;
- Preparing and checking student examination fees for each examination period;
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Working Experience
- An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Library & Information Science or Records Management from a recognized institution;
- A Diploma in Records Management or Library & Information Science from a recognized institution;
- A Teaching qualification is an added advantage;
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in teaching or world of work;
- 20 – 40 years of age at entry.
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Computer skills
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Three sets of handwritten applications with detailed CVs and photocopies of Academic Certificates, Testimonials, Transcripts and/or Result slips; Three (3) most recent and clear passport size photographs, Names and addresses of two referees, A letter of recommendation from the current or most recent employer, telephone contacts and emails of both the applicant and the referees; should be submitted in sealed envelopes and hand delivered not later than 23rd January, 2021 at 5.00p.m to the address indicated below. The Job title and Reference Number should be clearly written on the top left corner of the envelope. Applications should be addressed to; The Executive Secretary, Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board; Plot 7 Valley Drive, Ntinda; P. O. Box 1499; Kampala – Uganda. Only successful applicants will be contacted.