Vacancy title: Assistant Commissioner, Land Registration
Deadline of this Job:29 September 2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill available vacancies in Ministries/Departments/Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 29/9/2020. The link to the e-recruitment system can be accessed at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors .
Ministry/Department: Ministry of Lands, Housing & Urban Development
Post: Assistant Commissioner, Land Registration
Reference: HRM 70/179/01
Minimum Age: 30.
- The incumbent will be responsible to the Commissioner Land Registration for performing the following duties:
- Initiating planning, budgeting, and performance reporting for the land registration functions in the Department;
- Providing technical support to the Commissioner in review, development, and implementation of policies, legislation, standards, regulations, and guidelines in respect of land transactions in the Country;
- Providing technical and administrative support for efficient and effective allocation and utilization of the Departmental resources;
- Providing leadership in conducting investigation and generating solutions/legal opinion on Land Disputes and related issues;
- Coordinating inspection, monitoring and evaluating of performance of Ministry Zonal Offices’ registries;
- Planning and supervising the implementation of capacity building initiatives, training of District officials on Land Registration Matters;
- Representing Government in Courts of Law on matters concerning Land Registration and Transaction;
- Providing technical supervision on Land Registration and issuance of Land Titles services;
- Supervising periodic compilation of accountability and performance reports and submitting them to the Commissioner;
- Supervising, mentoring and appraising the performance of the junior staff of the Land Registration Department;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Land Economics; or Land Surveying and Geomatics; or Land Management; or Law; plus, a Masters Degree in any of the above field from a recognized University/Institution as well as a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from a recognized University/Institution
- Applicants should have nine (9) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Principal Land Registrar in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
- Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi-Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
- Strategic Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Policy Development, Change Management, Research and Project Management Skills
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants are advised to:
- Scan and submit relevant documents (‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree and Professional Documents, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation, and promotion) on-line.
- Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
- Officers serving in the Public Service are required to print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain a recommendation from their Responsible Officers. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
- Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
- Click on “register as a new user” to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Biodata moving downwards
- If you already have an account simply click on your right and update your profile
- Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
- View the Job Details and Click “Apply now”.
- Review your application and SUBMIT.
NB. You can only apply for one post.
- Only applications on-line will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified through their e-mail addresses.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them their original certificates, transcripts, letters of employment, National Identity Cards, Letters from Referees during the Oral Interviews.
- Shortlisted Officers serving in the Public Service should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisal forms for the last three (3) Financial Years are submitted to the Commission before the date for Oral Interviews.
- In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org