Vacancy title:Assistant Security & Investigations Officer
Job Title: Assistant Security & Investigations Officer
Department: Office of the Managing Director
Reports to: Manager Security & Investigations
Implement security activities and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for UPL's personnel and properties. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in assessing the security situation at the duty station and ensure adequate gathering and verification of security information.
• Maintain regular contacts with other Security Focal Points of UPL Departments and communicate information on security to the Manager Security and Investigations.
• Collect, update and communicate information regarding the security situation in the country, liaise and coordinate with the national security organizations and/or personnel, including national and local authorities, military and police officers.
• Implement the Security Plan, including updating staff lists, taking necessary actions regarding security matters and monitor compliance with Minimum Operational Security Standards.
• Report security incidents affecting UPL staff, offices, assets and assist in the preparation of security reports such as the Security Incident Reports, Security Assessments and the Quarterly Incident Report.
• Liaise with commercial companies used for Posta Uganda security at offices and residences, in order to ensure the effective and efficient use of the guard force.
• Prepare country Security Risk Assessment (SRA), Premises Security Surveys, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and inspect security equipment regularly (CCTV, cameras, scanners, and locks) and immediately report any cases of malfunctioning.
• Keenly observe company operations (counter processes, transfer of cash, and strength of cash safes) and advise management on any needed security upgrades.
Key Performance Indicators
• Updated security management information system
• Up dated key contacts database
• Rate of security breaches
• Communication skills
• Knowledge of HF and VHF radio operation
• Basic firefighting and First Aid skill
• A Diploma in Law, Security or other related field Experience
• Two years working experience in Police or any reputable Security Firm.
Job Education Requirements: Diploma in Law
Job Experience Requirements: Two years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To the General Public Uganda Post Limited (T/A) Posta Uganda is inviting qualified persons who meet the stated minimum requirements to apply for the following vacancies which exist within the Company. Interested candidates should send their application letter; attach certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates and a detailed CV, to reach the address below not later than 17th February 2020.
The Head, Department of Human Resource and Administration
P.O. Box 7106,
Kampala Disclaimer: Those who had applied in the previous advert should not reapply because their applications will be considered.)
Please Note: 1.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
Candidates who do not receive feedback within a month's time from the deadline should consider their applications unsuccessful.