Vacancy title: Associate Professor
Deadline of this Job:25 July 2020
Uganda Technology And Management University (UTAMU) is a private University in Uganda founded in 2012 and licensed by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) to do teaching, research, and community engagement. UTAMU offers experiential and outstanding learning and teaching for 21st Century students through an enriched learning experience that blends face to face and virtual learning.
The university combines Management and Technology in all its programmes and has highly qualified and experienced faculty in these two broad disciplines. The aim of offering management and technology modules in all our programmes is to equip all our graduates with skills required for 21st-century workers namely; critical thinking and problem solving, communication, collaboration, and creativity and innovation.
Its vision is a global center of excellence in management, administration, science, and technology education while its mission is to be a leader in providing quality Education, Research and Innovation critical to socio-economic and human development. Its values include:
JOB TITLE: Associate Professor
Responsible to: Head of Department
Supervisees: Research students and research staff
Purpose of the Job
To provide academic leadership and knowledge in the relevant discipline and lead the development and implementation of research and publications..
- Undertake research-led teaching at different levels on undergraduate and/or postgraduate taught courses, regularly collecting, and responding to student feedback.
- Pay a significant role in the design, development, and planning of modules and programmes within the subject area as required.
- Play a significant role in the review of modules and programmes and in quality assurance and enhancement as required. Develop innovative approaches to learning and teaching as appropriate.
- Provide students with all reading materials needed, engage the students with group work, assignments, and attend to their questions/issues within the e-learning system.
- Engage students in at least 2 online chats and 2 discussion forums for each course you teach and give special attention to online students.
- Set, Invigilate and Mark your test/exam including open book exams and tests for online/distance students in your class. Note that there will be two tests and an exam and both will be time tabled centrally.
- Participate in School and University academic activities including meetings, student assessment, and research and outreach projects.
- Supervise both graduate and undergraduate students in your School.
- Involve in article writing and publications singly or Jointly with full-time staff members
- Participate in presenting papers in Conferences organized by the University.
- Pursue, develop, and lead research, innovation and impact at an appropriately benchmarked level.
- Develop the strategic direction within own research area.
- Maintain a high-quality record of regular and original research publications of external standing as appropriate to the field or discipline.
- Attract research income on an individual and collaborative basis, as appropriate to the field or discipline, to underpin high-quality research activity.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
1. Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements for any of the above positions should submit soft copies of their applications together with the following;
a) A detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
b) Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates and professional qualifications.
c) Evidence of appointment of the relevant teaching/research positions, supervision of graduate students, and community service undertaken.
d) Names and addresses of three referees who should be advised to send reference letters directly to the Senior Human Resource Officer under confidential cover.
2. Submissions should be sent in soft copies to the following address;
The Senior Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Technology And Management University
Plot 6 and 8 Erisa Road, Kiswa Bugolobi
P.O. Box 73307, Kampala Uganda
3. The deadline for submission is Friday, 25th July 2020 at 5.00 p.m East African time. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UTAMU seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UTAMU is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.