Vacancy title:Business Development Coordinator
Deadline of this Job:10 May 2021
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Title Business Development Coordinator
Functional Area Programmes
Reports to Business Development Manager
Location Country Office Travel required Yes
Effective Date Grade D1
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian not for profit organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is committed to reach 100 million girls to Lead, Learn, Decide and Thrive across the globe including Uganda.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The Grants Management and Compliance Coordinator supports Plan International Uganda teams to ensure compliance of grant projects according to the FAD. S/he supports compliance management, quality assurance and the reporting function for all grants in the portfolio .
Dimensions of Role:
- Support Resource Mobilization including but not limited to proposal development, preparing teaming arrangements, undertaking research both primary and secondary, donor mapping, development of marketing materials, maintaining and updating funding pipeline analysis
- Maintain tool for tracking opportunities
- Archive and maintain all Project documents
- Preparation of Budgets in coordination with technical teams
- Undertake Partner Assessments as required
Key End Results of Position:
- Supports in researching fundraising opportunities through reviewing and summarizing funding requirements from different donors in collaboration with the programme technical team
- Supports in researching and updating pertinent statistical data indicators, sectoral studies, governmental and non-governmental strategic recovery plans and all other relevant documentation need for Uganda.
- Supports and works with programme staff in the preparation and/or review of new proposals and new proposal and new proposal budgets
- Assists in the preparation of grant proposal including formatting of text, preparation of budget and required supporting documents.
- Undertaking field research as necessary including supporting development of tools and administration of tools, data analysis and final assessment report
- Undertaking donor mapping exercise and updating various sections bi annually
- Preparing capacity statements and value propositions as necessary
- Maintaining and updating funding portfolio both existing and pipeline
- Support the Business Development Manager in any other work-related issues like research, strategy development etc.
- Carry out any other activity related to the sphere of work and in the interest of the organisation when needed.
Dealing with Challenges/Problems:
- Capable of building constructive working relationships with other units.
- Keeping the electronic management systems always up to date with the correct data entered
Child Protection and Gender Equality & Inclusion
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Develops and maintains partnership with local actors, including bilateral, multilaterals, corporate donors and external networks as well as National Office colleagues.
- Coordinates the link between programme offices and project manager as well as the National Programme Managers.
- Set and communicate ambitious but realistic work goals and priorities, explaining how these contribute to Plan International’s purpose.
- Set high standards for self and others’ behavior, inside and outside work. Championing our values and commitment to rights, gender equality and safeguarding. Supporting the health, well-being and both physical and psychological safety of our staff, including their safety to speak out.
- Hold self and others to account for what we have agreed, dealing with poor performance quickly, firmly and constructively.
- Create a positive team spirit, helping people work well together, to reflect and continuously improve the efficiency and quality of what we do.
- Collaborate with team members, colleagues and partners in finding creative solutions to problems by sharing information, experience and ideas and actively seeking their input.
- Motivate and developing others by taking an interest, giving constructive feedback and praise, ensuring they are properly trained and helping them utilize their potential.
- Accept change and support others in adjusting to it, helping them understand.
Business Management Competencies
- Understand relevant sectorial context including how the sector operates in terms of funding and governance and awareness of Plan’s purpose, values, and global strategy
- Manage legal and reputational risk including risk assessment, communication, risk management and reporting in full compliance with risk-related standards, including in areas such as Child and Youth Safeguarding and Protection, Gender equality and inclusion, Counter Fraud, Safety and Security
- Manage activities and resources including skills in strategic thinking, planning and organising, financial planning and monitoring, negotiation and programme and project management
- Manage people and information including skills in assessment and coaching, evidence-based management, communication skills, both speaking and writing, and digital working, including personal digital skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- Master’s degree in a relevant area of social sciences, political science, international relations, development studies, law, etc.) and experience in fundraising, partnerships, proposal development and grants management
- Familiarity with financial and administrative requirements of a variety of large grant donors
- Excellent level of English both oral and written
- Public relations and representation skills at an advanced level.
- High level of computer proficiency (MS applications)
- Proposal development
- Brief/project report writing
- Conceptual and analytical skills.
- Good Coordination and networking skill
- Information management skills
- Proficiency with business software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-driven
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please visit: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=PlanInt&career_job_req_id=40330