The Clearing Officer is an intermediate level role responsible for leading the Clearing department and managing technology projects within the Clearing unit.
The Clearing Officer Job Description and Responsibilities
Some of the responsibilities of the position holder:
- Receipt and validation of all clearing instructions received at the bank counters.
- The incumbent should ensure that the days Cheque collections and Electronic Funds Transfer files are digital signed and securely uploaded to the ACH Gate-way for clearance in the Uganda Bankers Association (UBA) Clearing House in good time.
- Ensure all collections and payments for the day are processed accurately under Maker/Checker controls to deter financial loss and customer dissatisfaction.
- All check payments above a given limit as market conditions may require must be scrutinized and necessary call backs made to customers to ensure authenticity of payments and mitigate bank exposure to fraud for high value transactions.
- Continuous reviews of processing and service delivery to ensure improvement on quality to exceed client expectations & experience.
- Speed Collect reconciliation and resolving exceptions with collecting/partner banks.
- Proactive daily review of the Nostro recon and closure of any open clearing items.
- Provision of high quality customer services/experience.
- Performing daily 3-way reconciliation for all Clearing Cheques delivered by courier companies.
- Verification of signatures on all clearing payment instructions received.
- Booking of accounts receivables, sundry account items and ensuring prompt liquidation.
- Raising and following up with RMs on TOD request for customers whose accounts are overdrawn.
- Raising suspicious transactions to Compliance Head when there is suspicion.
- Daily reconciling of suspense accounts to avoid aging entries that can lead to KRIs.
- Scanning and uploading source documents for all approved account overrides onto the Ops Control share point.
- Preparing source documents for e-recon proofing process and the surprise proofs.
- Leading and supervising the clearing team.
- Engaging with the Citi technology teams and Clearing application vendor on all required application enhancements.
- Research, identify and recommend technology capabilities that enable the reduction of client inquiries and manual touch points
- Research current treasury and client operational trends and suggest solutions
- Work in partnership with vendors, technology, and client operations teams to prototype innovative solutions
- Propose and implement solutions that will increase operating efficiency and lead to an improved client experience
- Assist efforts to help drive high rates of client adoption
- Ensure requirements are clearly stated and that business and client needs are met throughout development
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 0-2 years of experience in a related role
- Proven system development lifecycle skills
- Proficient understanding of emerging technologies within the payments process
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Effective analytic and presentation skills
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade: All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - UG
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity