Vacancy title:2 Clinical officers (2)
Deadline of this Job:07 May 2021
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) was founded to contribute to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease. TASO is implementing a five (5) year project (2017-2022), funded by the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to support The Government of Uganda accelerate epidemic control in Soroti and Karamoja Region. The goal of the project is to Achieve Epidemic Control through attainment of the 95-95-95 UNAIDS targets by 2020 and strengthening health systems in Soroti and Karamoja Region. .
Main Purpose of the Job: Render medical services to TASO Clients.
- Quality clinical services to staff and clients provided
- Adherence to set standards and procedures to offer clinical services ensured
- ART facility / community activities managed and supported
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Clerk clients at the facility and in the Community
- Update TB, ART, FP, EMTCT registers timely
- Promote Ql project in the department
- Administer drugs and other medical supplies appropriately to clients and staff
- Monitor and document adverse drug reactions
- Monitoring of clients across the viral load cascade
- Conduct case conferencing
- Conduct health talks to clients,
- Follow up of lost clients
- Screening and Management Opportunistic infections
Job Skills : Not Specified
Diploma in Clinical medicine with evidence of registration with allied health professional council and knowledge of the local language.
Experience in HIV/TB management will be an added advantage
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Only qualified and eligible candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees including: their telephone and email contacts.
All interested candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Job application Form which can be down loaded from the TASO Website at www.tasouganda.org or TASO Offices in Soroti, and hand deliver applications with the relevant credentials to:
The Center Program Manager
TASO Soroti Center of Excellence
located inside the Soroti Hospital Complex:
Posting Date: 26th April 2021
Closing Date: 07th May 2021 at 12:00pm