Vacancy title: Commissioner, Housing Development and Estates Management
Deadline of this Job:29 September 2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill available vacancies in Ministries/Departments/Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 29/9/2020. The link to the e-recruitment system can be accessed at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors.
Ministry/Department: Ministry of Lands, Housing & Urban Development
Post: Commissioner, Housing Development and Estates Management
Reference: HRM 70/179/01
Minimum Age: 35.
- The incumbent will be responsible to the Director of Housing and Human Settlement for performing the following duties:
- Initiating the review, formulation, and development of policies, legislation, standards, regulations, and guidelines for housing development and estates management in the Country;
- Initiating and supervising the conduct of national studies and research for enhanced housing development and estates management in Uganda;
- Providing technical and administrative leadership for the efficient and effective conduct of housing development and estates management programs, projects and activities in line with the Sector Strategic Objectives;
- Tendering technical support and guidance to Ministries Departments Agencies and Local Governments in areas of quantity surveying and architectural designs;
- Registering, regulating and monitoring the programmes and activities of private housing developers and estates agents;
- Planning, budgeting and accounting for the resources and performance of the Department;
- Supervising the provision of technical support, support supervision and training to local governments and various stakeholders in the field of housing development and estates management;
- Coordinating the collection, custody, and update of a national inventory of housing stock and Government estates;
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of policies, legislation, standards, and regulations governing housing development and estates management;
- Supervising and accounting for the performance of the staff of the Department;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Applicants should Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Architecture; or Civil/ Structural Engineering; or Electrical Engineering; or Estates Management; or Land Economics; or Building Economics plus a Masters Degree in either Architecture; or Civil; or Structural Engineering; or Electrical Engineering; or Estates Management; or Land Economics; or Building Economics and a Post Graduate Diploma in either Housing Studies or Estates Management; or Management; or Public Administration from a recognized University/Institution.
- Applicants should have twelve (12) years of relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Assistant Commissioner in Government or equivalent level from a reputable organization.
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
- Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi-Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
- Strategic Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Policy Development, Change Management, Research, and Project Management Skills.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants are advised to:
- Scan and submit relevant documents (‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree and Professional Documents, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation, and promotion) on-line.
- Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
- Officers serving in the Public Service are required to print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain a recommendation from their Responsible Officers. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit them online.
- Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
- Click on “register as a new user” to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Biodata moving downwards
- If you already have an account simply click on your right and update your profile
- Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
- View the Job Details and Click “Apply now”.
- Review your application and SUBMIT.
NB. You can only apply for one post.
- Only applications on-line will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified through their e-mail addresses.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them their original certificates, transcripts, letters of employment, National Identity Cards, Letters from Referees during the Oral Interviews.
- Shortlisted Officers serving in the Public Service should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisal forms for the last three (3) Financial Years are submitted to the Commission before the date for Oral Interviews.
- In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail email@example.com