Vacancy title: Commissioner, Surveys and Mapping
Deadline of this Job:29 September 2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill available vacancies in Ministries/Departments/Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 29/9/2020. The link to the e-recruitment system can be accessed at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors .
Ministry/Department: Ministry of Lands, Housing & Urban Development
Post: Commissioner, Surveys and Mapping
Reference: HRM 70/179/01
Minimum Age: 35.
- The incumbent will be responsible to the Director of Land Management for performing the following duties:
- Coordinating the formulation, reviewing, developing and implementing of Sector plans, strategies, policies and regulations for the conduct of surveys and mapping in Uganda;
- Providing technical and administrative leadership for the efficient and effective conduct of national survey and mapping programmes, projects and activities;
- Initiating and supervising the conduct of national studies and research on surveys, mapping, and incidental activities;
- Supervising surveying projects and programmes for the maintenance of national territorial boundaries;
- Supervising the provision of technical support, supervision, and training to local governments and relevant stakeholders in matters of land surveys and mapping;
- Advising Government on matters regarding or incidental to surveys and mapping, and equipment relating to their functions;
- Coordinating the collection, custody, and updating of national surveys and mapping records;
- Monitoring the programmes and activities of private surveyors;
- Planning, budgeting and accounting for the resources and performance of the Department;
- Supervising, mentoring and appraising the performance of the staff of the Department;
- Representing the Ministry at various for a
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Applicants should Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Geodesy; or Land Surveying and Geomatis Engineering; or Surveying and Photogrammetry plus a Master of Science Degree in Geodesy; or Geoinformatics; or Photogrammetry from a recognized University/Institution.
- Applicants should have twelve (12) years of relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Assistant Commissioner in Government or equivalent level from a reputable organization.
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
- Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi-Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
- Strategic Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Policy Development, Change Management, Research, and Project Management Skills.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants are advised to:
- Apply ON-LINE.
- Scan and submit relevant documents (‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree and Professional Documents, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation, and promotion) on-line.
- Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
- Officers serving in the Public Service are required to print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain a recommendation from their Responsible Officers. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit them online.
- Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
- Click on “register as a new user” to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Biodata moving downwards
- If you already have an account simply click on your right and update your profile
- Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
- View the Job Details and Click “Apply now”.
- Review your application and SUBMIT.
NB. You can only apply for one post.
- Only applications on-line will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified through their e-mail addresses.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them their original certificates, transcripts, letters of employment, National Identity Cards, Letters from Referees during the Oral Interviews.
- Shortlisted Officers serving in the Public Service should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisal forms for the last three (3) Financial Years are submitted to the Commission before the date for Oral Interviews.
- In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org