Uganda National Airlines’ Vision is to be a world class airline exceeding customer expectationsthrough high qualityservice, global connectivity and commitment to excellence. Its MISSION is to provide an air transport service that ranks amongst the best in terms of safety, cost effectiveness, punctuality and comfort. Uganda National Airlines Company Limited (UNACL), now seeks to recruit competent persons with high levels of integrity, dedication and commitment for the position of Company Secretary as follows:
Reporting to: The Board of Directors /Chief Executive Officer.
Responsible for: Legal Officer, and Personal Assistant.
Secretary to the Board or Directors and Head of legal and corporate services of UNACL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As Secretary to the Board of Directors, the Company Secretary shall:
• Keep custody of the corporate documents, riuly record the proceedings of meetings, and attest tc the resolutions adoptec by the collective management decision-making Regulations.
• Verify compliance with orders of regulatory entities, and that the recommendations thereof, if any, are taken into consideration Generally, act as a channel in relations between the Company and the Directors in connection with all matters relating to the operation of the Board of Directors.
• Process all requests from the Directors regarding the information and documentation of those matters that fall within the purview ofthe Board of Directors.
• Act as Secretary for the Shareholders’ Meeting.
As General Secretary of UNACL.
the Company Secretary shall:
• Lead the provision of reliable and authoritative advice on the legal implications of the policies, plans and operations, as well as all relevant transactions ofthe Company.
• Lead the development, implementation and control of the delivery of legal support services to the Board, the Senior Management Team and any other Officers of the Conn pany.
• Ensure that the Company’s commercial, contractual and other legal interests are adequately protected.
• Brief and manage any external legal representatives of the Company.
• Provide the Company's Management, whenever necessary, with relevant specialist, basis of appropriate and comprehensive analysis and evaluation),with regard to the Company's investment opportunities and projects—especially those involving Partnerships, External Contractors and others erviceProviders~aswellprovidethenecessary supervision, quality assurance, facilitation and coordination of the implementationof the corresponding projects—with a view to ensuring their profitable success.
• Provide necessary legal advice to Management in the area of procurement of all goods, services and works, as well as disposal of assets, including ensuring due adherence to all applicable laws, regulations and procedures.
• Advise Management in all Contract Negotiations, with a view to ensuring value for money.
• Develop, implement, as well as monitor and continuously review, an efficient contract management procedure to guide the Procurement Unit, as well as all the responsible units of all the User Departments
• With a view to streamlining and expediting procurement and contract management processes within the Company.
• Review contract terms and conditions, as well as draw, execute and manage contracts for the Company within the specified timeframes, and in compliance with relevant legislation
• Study and interpret all contractual and procurement-related documents of a legal nature, and ascertain that they ensure value for money and are in the Company's best commercial interest.
• Carry out the necessary verification, evaluation and processing of documents that are important in UNACL's airline business and advise Management accordingly, in a timely manner.
• Perform any other duties as may, from time to time, be assigned by the Board of Directors and the Chief Executive Officer.
Qualifications and Working experience:
• Advocate of the High court. Must hold full professional qualification of the institute of chartered public Accountants in Uganda, or practicing certificate and a full member of the institute of chartered Secretaries and Administration (ICSA).
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in handling legal and board affairs of a large public or corporate organization.
• Relevant experience in the Aviation industry is an added advantage
• Has excellent report Writing ability
• Must be a proficient user of computers,
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Application letters, complete with Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees and copies of academic and professional certificates should be submitted online at careers.ugandairlines.com or by post addressed to;
The Manager Human Resources
Uganda National Airlines Company Limited
PO. Box 431 Entebbe, Uganda.
Deadline for submission is 21st October, 2019 by 4.00p.m