Vacancy title:Data Officer
Deadline of this Job:21 October 2021
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission
is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The Institute anticipates the award of a five-year USAID-funded project (2020-2015) titled USAID Program for Accelerated TB Control in Karamoja (USAID PACT-Karamoja) that aims to increase TB case detection in all districts of Karamoja region. In collaboration with key stakeholders in the region, PACT-Karamoja will focus on regional and district structures for the management of drug susceptible TB, drug resistant TB and TB preventive services in the districts of Abim, Amudat, Kaabong, Karenga, Kotido, Moroto, Nabilatuk, Nakapiripirit and Napak
In order to contribute to achievement of the above objectives, IDI wishes to recruit motivated and competent individuals to fill the vacancies below on a full-time basis;
Data Officer - (Vacancy Code: DO-X002)
Reporting to: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer
Duty Station: Moroto/Kotido
The data officer will provide ongoing technical assistance to project, district, and facility teams in recording and management of national and project-related detain line with current national guidelines. S/he will also assist the MEL Officer in entry, cleaning, and analysis of data captured by the Project MIS.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Mentor health facility staff in documentation into appropriate national HMIS tools.
- Ensure completeness, consistency, and accuracy of data captured into the HMIS tools
- Support facility staff in timely compilation of the routine HMIS reports
- Support health facility staff in producing data summaries that in form continuous quality improvement initiatives in TB programming.
- Participate in analysis and interpretation of data
- Ensure availability of required tools at the facility levels.
- Provide forecast to avoid stock-outs of HMIS tools at the facility level.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
- Degree in any data management related field.
- Experience in medical data management is an added advantage.
- Experience in navigation of DHIS2 and USG data requirements.
- Previous experience in supporting busy TB, TB/HIV district data systems is an added advantage
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills
Job Experience: No Requirements
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials, and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated
email address not later than 21st October 2021. Please follow this link https://idi.mak.ac.ug/hrms to apply for this position.
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at
3. At least one year will be given priority.
4. Make sure that your application letter, CV, and certificates are attached as one document
5. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
6. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
7. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus;
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda