Job Title: Data Analyst (1)
Reporting To: Senior Data Analyst
Job Location: Headquarters, Kampala
Application Deadline: November, 15th 2019
Tugende is a technology-enabled asset finance company with a social mission. We provide an affordable path to ownership of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs. Our primary product is a lease to own motorcycle financing package which includes training, life and health insurance, and active support. Tugende currently serves tens of thousands of clients in Uganda and we are preparing to extend our offering into Kenya.
With a market for motorcycle taxis of over 800,000 drivers in East Africa alone, Tugende is expanding rapidly in our core product. We are also building a platform with our staff, branches, data, systems, and deep knowledge of the informal sector, to expand into other asset financings as successfully as we have with our current core product.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Data Analyst is responsible for ensuring that data loaded/entered into the database meets the informational requirements of Tugende limited.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Raising data quality and performance levels in Tugende limited.
- Providing a high level of data quality awareness across multiple branches and departments of Tugende.
- Proactively improve the quality of salesforce reporting and reports used by Tugende.
- Review data entered into the database for accuracy.
- Review referential and historical integrity issues of Tugende database.
- Perform data mining and quality data extraction exercises.
- Assist to perform data analysis and interpretation of data using statistical techniques.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Data Analyst.
Note: This job description gives a general guideline, and therefore does not include an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities undertaken by jobholders of this position as it can be changed/amended/add other duties to job holder of this position from time to time.
- Proven passion for the data quality discipline.
- Good interpersonal skills i.e. Ability to relate well with the other work-mates.
- Extremely meticulous in approach to work i.e taking or showing extreme care about work.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Talent for quickly learning new tasks.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 2 years of work experience in data mining, modeling and analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Knowledge regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- knowledge of reporting packages (Business Objects etc), databases (SQL etc), programming (Apex and Python).
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).
- Analytical knowledge with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Interest at queries, report writing and presenting findings in Salesforce, Power bi, Microsoft office etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Economics, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Management and Statistics.
What will you gain?
- Hours and compensation: This position is for a full-time employee who can take on additional responsibilities as new tasks and projects come up.
- Meaningful Work: Tugende’s work gives entrepreneurs the tools to earn a living for themselves and their families. We are changing the face of the boda industry in Uganda, and proving that young men with little education can take on the responsibility of financing a significant asset and earning a liveable wage. Help be part of this movement!
- Great Team: Tugende has a smart, fun, and growing team of 126+ staff. We take our work seriously, but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary team outings, as well as fun parties for our clients. Our headquarters are in Kampala, and we also have offices in Eastern and Western Uganda.
Career Development, Promotions & Growth:
- Constantly develop skills and further your career while working with Tugende.
- Build knowledge of and skills at using Tugende systems.
- Improve computer skills.
- Participate in programming: Attend career development programs organized by Tugende.
- You can be promoted to the Senior Data Quality Analyst.
MORE ABOUT TUGENDE
Tugende means “let’s go” in Luganda and signifies the company's mission and what you say on the back of a motorcycle taxi. Tugende has been recognized as a 2012 Unreasonable Fellow, 2014 Echoing Green Global Fellow, 2016 GSBI Fellow, and received the MIT Zambezi prize in 2015 as one of the top 3 financial inclusion start-ups in Africa. We have appeared in The Guardian, BBC, Economist, and elsewhere.
As part of our regional expansion in East African, Kenya is now launched! Beyond geographic growth, Tugende's future will include multiple asset finance products and tools to help Tugende to reach millions of customers without losing high touch personal support.