Consultancy - Documentary/Film Production
Closing date: 21 Feb 2020
New Documentary Call for Applications
About MECP - UGanda
MECP-U is an initiative of the Aga Khan Foundation East Africa whose main objective is to improve the overall wellbeing of all children in Uganda. Specifically, MECPU aims at increasing access and retention in basic education for children of marginalized communities through ensuring a child friendly and supportive house hold and preschool environment in their early development years. In addition, MECP promote affordable, community based, culturally relevant and pluralistic quality, early childhood development (ECD) services.
Over the years MEPU has established over 108 community-based preschools, helping more than 65,000 children access holistic, quality early childhood development programs. In addition, the program has supported educators to provide safe and enabling learning environments for children, using interactive resources and classroom aids made from locally available materials. In the last 3 years, MECPU has been implementing the project “Improving the wellbeing of boys and girls aged 0-8” in Kampala, Wakiso and Mukono Districts in Central Uganda. During this period, MECPU has supported and trained district officials, Village Health Teams, health workers, Lower primary teachers and ECD caregivers among others.
MECPU seeks to provide in-depth information and document the impact of the project Improving the wellbeing of boys and girls aged 0-8 in Kampala, Wakiso and Mukono has had on communities, beneficiaries and the different stakeholders through a professionally filmed, edited and compelling 10-15 minutes documentary. MECPU is seeking a skilled documentarian who is willing to film and edit this documentary. The documentary should capture the impact of the project on communities, trained teachers, schools, school/center management committees, health centers, parents and other stakeholders. In addition, the documentary should reveal MECPU’s mission, vision, values as well as it’s holistic impact on communities.
Responsibilities of the Filmmaker
- After learning in-depth about MECPU’s work and watching past films, create a detailed script and storyboard of the documentary that will be reviewed by MECPU’s communications staff.
- Spend significant time at MECPU and with MECPU’s beneficiaries and project stakeholders in the 3 districts conducting interviews, attending MECPU’s program activities, filming B-roll programmatic activities, and filming beneficiary stories (who consent), etc. Filming equipment must be high-quality and is not provided by MECPU.
- Use high-quality editing software (not provided by MECPU) to edit footage into a highly professional, compelling documentary that could be shown to international audiences.
- After completing a first draft, show documentary to MECPU communications and management staff for review and complete any edits necessary.
- Upload the documentary online and export it onto a flash disk and CD-ROM for sharing.
- Provide MECPU the ability to manufacture copies
- 15 minute well edited and complete documentary by 1st May
- High quality still photos
- Raw data
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your qualifications, a potential quotation, and samples of your past work to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Deadline 21st February 2020 and MECPU will contact the successful documentarian/filmmaker by 28th February 2020
AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff, Consultants and Partners to Share this Commitment
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org)