The Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage i electricity distribution network and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. The company monitors Umeme Ltd's investment, generation, and distribution of power in eight territories covering over 67 Districts, operation of the pole plant at Lugogo, and execution of some rural electrification schemes on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources. The Company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandans for the following roles: .
• Responsible for dealing with all technical issues, Spearhead Innovations to ensure energy loss reduction, minimal power outages and have as many Customers as possible Connected the national grid in all UEDCL service.
• Carry out construction and maintenance of overhead lines, switch gear, transformers and underground cables in accordance with company standards
• Maintain daily records; organize line clearance and handle assigned system emergencies
• Carry out commercial survey for new connections and effect new connections and meter installation
• Inspect new and old installations, and when requested, assist in meter reading and bill delivery
• Assist in carrying out disconnections and reconnections as may be requested from time to time
• Devise quick means of identifying causes of power failures
• Apply safety measures on all assignments in the course of duties
• Produce and submit Regular reports on faults.
Technical requirements/experience/qualifications (Degree in Engineering)
• A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering or its equivalent from a recognized university.
• Experience of not less than ONE year in a recognized organization
• Knowledge of the national electricity distribution network.
• Knowledge in distribution systems, maintenance and management.
• Excellent analytical and monitoring skills.
• Membership to the professional body of engineers is an added advantage.
• Computer literacy with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office, PowerPoint presentations, database management systems.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: ONE year
Job application procedure
All interested candidates who wish to join UEDCL in the aforementioned capacities are encouraged to visit our website at http://www.uedcl.co.ug : select "Careers" to view the job details and follow the application instructions. After reviewing the job detail, candidates uploads should not exceed IMB. Please note that the deadline for receiving applications is 18th November 2019 at 5:00 pm.