Uganda Clays Limited is Uganda's leading manufacturer of quality building products located at Kajjansi, 14 Kilometers along Kampala-Entebbe Road with a second factory at Kamonkoli in Mbale. The company seeks to recruit competent and dynamic individuals of high integrity to fill the following position.
7. Excavator Operator
Reports to: Quarry Officer
The Excavator Operator is responsible for operating the excavator in a safe, efficient and appropriate manner when carrying out quarry and silo activities according to work instructions, quality and environmental standards .
• Contributing to the preparation of excavation sites.
• Ensuring full understanding of the excavation plan
• Ensure that the excavator is in good operating condition at all times
• Careful excavation clay
• Loading the excavated clay or kaolin on to dumper trucks.
• Organizing the newly excavated clay into a conical shape
• Participating in excavator maintenance
• Carrying out daily excavator checks
• Ordinary level certificate
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in excavation operations
• Should have a valid driving permit
• General knowledge of earth moving equipment’s
• Ability to read and write
• Ability to make reports
• Good communication skills
• Training in mechanics is an advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CVS, present position, copies of certificates / testimonials and addresses of three (3) referees plus day-time telephone/Mobile phone contacts to the address below. All applications should be submitted NOT later than 21st October 2019 to:
The Head of HR and Support Services, Uganda Clays Ltd, P.O. Box 3188, Kampala.
Uganda Clays limited is an equal opportunity employer. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification