Vacancy title:Finance Officer
Deadline of this Job:20 October 2021
Requisition ID: req20516
Job Title: Finance Officer
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer is responsible for ensuring that the vendors are timely paid using the Electronic fund transfer platforms and supporting in the day to day finance activities to ensure they are performed in accordance with IRC’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The position will support Integra invoice coordination across country office program.
Duties and Responsibilities
The owner of the accounts payable email address
- Download vendor invoices create folders, and deposits invoices per D4 and timely make them accessible by every D4 finance invoice focal person.
- Separate invoices received by PO invoices and non-PO invoices, Manage the Accounts Payable invoices journal and files accordingly.
- Coordinate with Admin team to compile and submit admin related invoices through the AP invoice email.
- Ensure the statutory obligations are timely paid and vendor invoice journals are created.
- Acting at all times in accordance with the country law and standards of accounting practices
- Contribute to the overall objective of the Finance department of providing quality support service to all sectors.
- Review all the payment requests and ensure compliance and completeness of supporting documents before payments are made; ensuring timely payments.
- Assist in implementation of finance policies, procedures, and systems
- Review payment vouchers, ensuring completeness of the documentation and consistency with IRC policies and procedures.
- Carry out Electronic Fund payments (Mobile money and online banking)
- Support completion of end-of-month tasks in a timely manner, with minimal or no errors.
- Review mobile money requests from the field offices by carrying out Name verifications alongside the created CSV files
- Participate as gatekeeper in ensuring that all transactions are in accordance with IRC financial policies and grant agreements.
- Implement the shared program costs (SPC) allocation at the field office.
- Support the process of preparation of the cash and bank accounting worksheet.
- University bachelor’s degree in accounting, Commerce, or Finance.
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience preferably in an international NGO and at least a minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience working with EXCEL.
- Knowledge of working with Yo mobile money platform and experience with online banking payment platform.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills; ability to work with computers, effective communication, problem-solving and decision making, and ability to work under pressure.
- Please note: The deadline for receiving applications is October 20th 2021.
The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
We are committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer generous benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified female professionals to apply.
All staff, regardless of role, are required to create a culture of client responsiveness by requesting and using client feedback data to make decisions. In addition, all staff are expected to demonstrate inclusiveness when making programmatic decisions and working with clients, partners, and colleagues from diverse backgrounds. You can read more about the IRC’s commitment to client responsiveness here: https://www.rescue.org/resource/client-responsiveness-introduction-and-faq
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply.