Vacancy title: First Officer – Airbus A330-800 Neo
Deadline of this Job:10 July 2020
FIRST OFFICER – AIRBUS A330-800 Neo
Department: Flight Operations
Ref No: UGA-75
Uganda Airlines, the National Carrier of the Republic of Uganda based at Entebbe International Airport is now accepting applications for a number of job opportunities.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for presenting a positive image of the airline in keeping with its brand to connect the world to the Pearl of Africa. You will be enthusiastic about serving all Uganda Airlines customers and colleagues with courtesy and respect in line with the company’s values. You will also be championing safety and ensuring international aviation standards are maintained at the airline. This is a great opportunity to be part of the new National Airline, in this exciting industry.
The First Officer (Co-Pilot) works hand in hand with the Line Captain to ensure the safety, security, and proper conduct of flights. He/she deputizes the Captain. .
- During flight shall be aware of the Pilot in Command’s intentions and monitor the conduct of the flight at all times.
- When not flying, the Co-pilot shall immediately advise the Pilot in Command of any deviation from the normal flight operating profile.
- Shall be directly responsible to the Pilot in Command and do whatever duties are assigned to him by the Pilot in Command.
- Shall be responsible as part of the flying team to ensure that the flight is conducted efficiently and safely.
- Judgment and decision-making skills.
- Customer-focused and hospitable.
- Cool, pleasant and approachable personality.
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, experience)
- Hold a valid Commercial Pilot License with multiple engine ratings.
- At least 2500 hours total inclusive of 1500 on Jet.
- Medical Class 1.
- No Accident or Incident record. No criminal record.
- English language proficiency level 4 minimum.
- Individual assessment for satisfactory ability will be carried out as part of the interview process.
- Airbus experience of 500 hours, last flight within the last 12 months are an added advantage.
- Willingness to relocate and be based in Uganda.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application letters, complete with Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees, and copies of academic and professional certificates with one passport size photograph (one full-size photograph for Cabin Crew applicants) should be submitted online at www.careers.ugandairlines.com or by post quoting the Job Reference number accordingly.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Manager of Human Resources.
Uganda National Airlines Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 431, Entebbe, Uganda.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.