The Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage i electricity distribution network and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. The company monitors Umeme Ltd's investment, generation, and distribution of power in eight territories covering over 67 Districts, operation of the pole plant at Lugogo, and execution of some rural electrification schemes on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources. The Company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandans for the following roles: .
• To conduct data capture, clean up and Maintenance of the Geographical Information System (GIS), for better analysis and decision making.
• Work with GIS Officer to update Distribution Network database in line with any additions made by the Concessionaires.
• Identify and Capture Geospatial Data on Changes on the Distribution Networks (New lines, Line Diversions, Injections, Extensions and Line Refurbishments).
• Maintain and Clean GIS Database at all times to ensure accurate date always.
• Identify and report on high risk hazards on the Networks.
• Provide Basic recommendations and necessary corrective actions, based on findings in the Field
• Minimum of a Diploma in Electrical or Civil Engineering from a reputable Tertiary Institution.
• IT qualification is added advantage.
• One Year Minimum Experience on Distribution Networks (Uganda Knowledge preferred).
• Have a Valid Driving Permit is added advantage
• Creation of SLD and drawings representative of the Distribution network using Technical soft wares.
• Knowledge of Desktop GIS (ArcGIS, Quantum GIS, CAD), Field Mobile GIS data Capture using handhelds based on ESRI Arcpad and specialised Android to Accompany workflows.
• Ability to travel anywhere in Uganda at Short Notices and walk long Distances in the field.
Job Education Requirements: Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: One Year
Job application procedure
All interested candidates who wish to join UEDCL in the aforementioned capacities are encouraged to visit our website at http://www.uedcl.co.ug : select "Careers" to view the job details and follow the application instructions. After reviewing the job detail, candidates uploads should not exceed IMB. Please note that the deadline for receiving applications is 18th November 2019 at 5:00 pm.