Vacancy title:Government and Stakeholder Relations Coordinator
Deadline of this Job:03 July 2022
Job Category: Programs
Years of Experience: 5+
Immediate Supervisor: Head of Programs
To support government and stakeholder engagements at the local and national level, secure MOU, and organize inception meetings with the new districts that RTV will be expanding and linking the relevant ministries, offices, and other key players including sharing reports with District, Ministries, other stakeholders and attending District Council meetings.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Government liaison
- Developing/ linking and maintaining relationships with Government and with other influential Stakeholders at a local level
- Supporting the head of programs, PEAL team, and the implementation team with signing and secure ring MOUs with government
- Serves as the interface between the government and RTV in all matters related to planning, programming, programme implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the RTV programme.
- Organize and lead needs assessments, focus group discussions, community meetings, and other community mobilization activities
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders, including governmental authorities, humanitarian and development
- Support with the Coordination of international and local partners on activities and assistance conducted within the area of intervention.
- Carry out field-level coordination with community stakeholders in areas of project implementation
- In collaboration with the Districts, facilitate and monitor project activities implementation by local partners with a focus on performance/ reliability, discussing capacity building needs, delivering capacity building/ basic training.
- Organize and lead field level M&E activities and develop success stories from project implementation
- developing messaging around project implementation methodology, the scope of work, selection criteria, and any other related beneficiary project documents and ensure effective delivery of such messaging to beneficiaries and stakeholders
- Keeping detailed, organized records of project information and supporting logistics and procurementprocesses, including ensuring budget accountability. Attending relevant coordination meetings.
- Securing MOUs and organizing inception meetings with new districts and other stakeholders in order to prepare teams to start a new project and also to realign existing projects that have been going on.
- Sharing reports with relevant Government department and Ministries and or other stakeholder organizations
- Map stakeholders at a local level and ensure management is kept updated on the structures of other players and government at local level including any changes
- Ensures coordination with all relevant national and local stakeholders relating to the preparation and submission to the RTV project concepts;
- Ensures that technical cooperation policies and procedures are disseminated, understood, and adhered to by the District Officials
- Keeps informed about national institutions taking part in coordinated research project (CRP) activities as
- part of a reference base of the RTV’s overall engagement with Government, and informs relevant districts that have relevance to the achievement of national objectives or the enhancement of technical
- Ensure stakeholder records are kept up-to-date and reflect latest contact and engagement activities
- Facilitate and follow up on all meetings with relevant stakeholders, local leaders, and local
- Preparing monthly progress reports to be sent to government entities and other relevant stakeholders
- Builds a knowledge base for national development Programmes through liaison with development
- agencies, and identifies potential areas for RTV collaboration and donor participation.
- Support the promotion of understanding of national goals and objectives, and seeks complementarities between national development priorities, the Strategy, and the RTVs policies to ensure that the proposed activities add value to Government
Education, Qualification, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences, social work, social development, or any other related field
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in government and stakeholder engagements.
- Experience in working with last-mile communities is an added advantage.
- Excellent understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty critical thinking skills.
- Ability to travel at least 90% of the time to different districts of the project’s operations
- Previous experience with stakeholder mobilization and liaison work.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft suite)
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Good time management skills
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply please go to: https://forms.gle/9kzNx64FYeicbWkc6