Vacancy title:Head of Internal Control and Risk Management
Deadline of this Job:07 May 2021
The Head of Internal Control and Risk Management oversees the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk management and control systems and suggests new initiatives, controls and procedures to ensure good business practices are in place. S/he is responsible for the stewardship of agency assets and reputation by ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations, SCI standards and policies as well as Member and Donor requirements. The role holder works proactively with the Senior Management Team (SMT) to maintain a robust internal control and governance environment. S/he is responsible to lead on the development of a robust Risk Management Plan (RMP) that supports the Country Office (CO) in identifying, mitigating, monitoring and improving on the management of prioritized risk areas. The role holder is accountable for monitoring and reporting on the implementation of internal (including Global Assurance) as well as external audit findings.
The role holder is strategic, articulate and comfortable with a diverse role with senior level accountability. S/he is high highly self-driven to achieve excellence. The role holder has a hands-on approach and is actively involved in the operationalization of internal controls, audit activities and investigations. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Experience and Skills
- Master Degree in Accounting or related field, with professional qualifications;
- ACCA or CPA designation strongly preferred. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designations preferred
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience, if possible in NGO;
- Leadership experience required, i.e. supervision of staff and accountable for the deliverables of a unit or department;
- Experience in fraud prevention;
- Experience in audit management;
- Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and experience working in complex financial systems;
- Self-driven change-agent and a strong people manager;
- Strong relationship builder with a proven track record in forming good business partnerships
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English;
- Self-initiative and the ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and financial modelling skills;
- The personal circumstances to travel frequently to all programmes in the country.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
- We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 7th May 2021 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents