Vacancy title:Human Capital Business Partner
Deadline of this Job:29 April 2021
dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit a Human Capital Business Partner respectively in our Change and Innovation Domain to support our expansion strategy.
POSITION: Human Capital Business Partner
REPORTING TO: Senior Human Capital Business Partner
LOCATION: Kampala .
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Senior Human Capital Business Partner, the role holder will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated branches. The position supports management on human resource-related matters.
- Work closely with business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes.
- Externala integrated HR approach for organizational effectiveness that includes performance management, talent management, development, employee relations, as well as culture and engagement initiatives.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for the designated business unit to either deliver or broker services that address issues pertinent to HR and business unit alignment, organizational effectiveness, and/or leadership capabilities.
- Communication, train on and enforce core HR processes (e.g. performance, talent reviews, employee relations, talent acquisition, etc.) to managers and associates within assigned business units.
- Act as a liaison between the line and Human Capital to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs.
- Support line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy.
- Carry out resource gap analysis in liaison with line managers and participate in the recruitment process to fill all critical positions in a timely manner to ensure business continuity at all times.
- Coordinate the Performance Management process in order to instill a performance culture in all Staff and Line Managers.
- Provide advisory services to Staff and Line managers on employment legislation issues in consultation with the HR and Legal Departments respectively, spearhead and manage employee relations within the departments and ensure compliance by all parties.
- Identifies critical HR metrics and shares results with both HR and business management.
- Creates a vision for the talent management strategy at the business unit level by understanding the talent needs of the business and identifying talent issues before they impact the business.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Degree level education preferably in Human Resources, Social Sciences or a business degree.
- A post graduate diploma in HRM will be an added advantage.
- Member to HR professional body.
- 5 years of professional experience in Human Resource Management in a competitive business environment.
- Good knowledge of the Labour Laws of Uganda (Employment Act).
- Ability to use data and analytics to influence leaders and make business decisions.
- Ability to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload and work with confidential materials and employee information and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Substantial business acumen: strong knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent and other HR initiatives and business strategy.
- Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy.
- Ability to identify new ways for HR to support the business strategy.
- Ability to recognize trends and develop recommendations based on data analysis.
- Ability to engage, inspire, and influence people.
- Effective team player and good at networking.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Basic knowledge in banking is desirable.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Thursday 29th April 2021 to the email address indicated below;
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.