Vacancy title: Human Resource Director/Safeguarding Focal Point
Deadline of this Job:07 August 2020
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action - helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Title: Human Resource Director/Safeguarding Focal Point
Duty Station: Kampala Uganda (40% travel to field offices in Uganda)
Reports to: Country Director
Purpose of the job
Develop strategy for the department focusing on proper implementation of HR procedures in the country. S/he enforces compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps' internal policies and procedures and updates National Staff Policy Handbook and local policies. The HR Director builds the capacity of all team members across all offices. S/he provides support and advice on HR issues.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Program Managers to ensure all hiring requests are met and in line with policy and develop recruitment pipeline and talent management process.
- Collaborate with HQ for support with the on boarding process for international new hires.
- Enforce timely and effective performance review processes and train the HR team and supervisors on how to properly conduct and track the evaluation processes.
- Design and implement workforce development strategies and programs that support the achievement of Mercy Corps Uganda strategies.
- Actively contribute to planning and continuous improvement, and actively share knowledge and feedback.
- Collaborate with Country Director to revise salary scale and participate in regular national salary surveys to ensure competitiveness within the market.
- Assist with the operational budget for staff as requested.
- Leverage stakeholder relationships, relevant data sources, and contemporary thinking to identify current and emerging trends, and design appropriate solutions that promote organisational health.
- Ensure that Mercy Corps Uganda structure is fit for purpose.
- Develop the capacity of the team, deepen understanding of their roles, and assist with career development.
- Update the National Employee Handbook in line with latest Labour Law and clarify as necessary with staff.
- Monitor HR related laws, policies, and "best practices" to ensure that personnel policies, employment practices, and compensation packages are within the limits of established guidelines, procedures, and policies of Mercy Corps and national laws.
- Be the national focal point and champion on Safeguarding.
- Representation and Government liaison
- Take lead on all staff disciplinary and Legal matters working with the key stakeholders.
- Take lead on all staff disciplinary and Legal matters working with the key stakeholders
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the e-mail below. Applications may not exceed 2MBs. Email: email@example.com Closing date: Friday 7th August 2020 While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. For full job descriptions, please visit www.kazijobs.com