Vacancy title:Human Resources & Administration Officer
Deadline of this Job:31 December 2020
The HR/Administration officer will provide general day to day HR support including Employee Benefits, recruitment, Staff Development, performance management and other administration roles to Isingiro and Kyangwali field offices. .
Duties and responsibilities
• Support the Field Coordinator to implement HR initiatives while complying with NRC standards and the national labour laws.
• Support the administration of effective and timely recruitment processes, promoting equity, transparency, and consistency at every step of the process (i.e. review job descriptions, posting adverts and long-listing etc)
• Under supervision of the line manager maintain accurate staff data.
• Organize and ensure that newly recruited staff undergo orientation and debriefing program for staff ending their mission.
• Keep track of leave for all staff and advise line managers in order to properly plan leave for staff
• Keep track of staff’s contract end dates and contract extensions and ensure that notifications are given to the line managers well in advance.
• Prepare and submit monthly payroll staff data;
• Maintain timely update of the filling tree ensuring all staff records are archived in line with NRC guidelines.
• Regularly liaise with the Area Manager, Field Coordinator, and HR Coordinator to develop, promote and maintain Staff Well-being programs in the field.
• Ensure all newly hired staff have Probationary Performance Objectives discussed and agreed upon with line manager and posted on the capacity building plan template
• Ability to lead a team
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a complex and challenging
• Ability to work well under pressure with diverse teams from all backgrounds and level.
• Should be able to handle sensitive information.
• Have good spoken and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Have problem-solving skills to deal with disputes, grievances and staffing problems
• Have decision-making aptitude
• Be able to work as part of a team
• A degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
• Post Graduate degree is an added advantage
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience from working as an HR/Admin Officer in an NGO in humanitarian/recovery context.
• Good knowledge to the Uganda labor laws and statutory requirements
• Previous experience from working in the field with refugee and host communities.
• Knowledge of HR functions (pay, benefits, recruitment, training, etc.)
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://candidate.webcruiter.com/cv?advertid=4222907353&language=en&link_source_id=0