Uganda Clays Limited is Uganda's leading manufacturer of quality building products located at Kajjansi, 14 Kilometers along Kampala-Entebbe Road with a second factory at Kamonkoli in Mbale. The company seeks to recruit competent and dynamic individuals of high integrity to fill the following position.
Reports to Head of Finance
Job Purpose: The Information, Communication and Technology Manager is responsible for working together with the Executive Management of Uganda Clays Ltd in planning the activities of the ICT department to ensure that the company is provided with adequate, up to date ICT resources, with well-developed and organized information management and communication systems that are easily accessible, in order to support the business operations efficientlyy .
• Plan ICT Department activities in a way that will maximize support for the accomplishment of Uganda Clays' goals and strategies
• Ensure that Uganda Clays staff members are provided with up to date ICT resources that will help them to work effectively and that all equipment is fully functional at all times
• Develop and maintain well organized and easily accessible information management and communication systems
• Ensure that Uganda Clays Staff are provided with continuous, good quality, internet, intranet and e-mail services
• Ensure that professional ICT support is provided to users, aiming to maximize their capacity to use ICT in support of their work
• Lead the ICT Team, in a manner that empowers them to efficiently produce the correct standard and quantity of products and deliver excellent customer service
• Provide the organization with appropriate, cost-effective and strategically distributed software that will enable users to work effectively
• Ensure effective utilization of the finances associated with the ICT Department
• Take personal responsibility for ensuring that Uganda Clay's Quality and Safety procedures are implemented in the ICT department work areas at all times
• Bachelor's degree in either Computer Science (CS), Information Technology (IT), Business Computing (BC), Information Systems Professional qualifications in Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCN Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MSCA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE)
• At least 4 years' experience in information technology at middle or top management level gained from a reputable organization.
• A deep and broad knowledge base in computer networking skills Knowledge in programming languages Conversant with computer systems including hardware and software
• Some knowledge in telecommunication skills.
• Must be abreast with the latest developments in technology
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree
Job Experience Requirements: 4 years
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CVS, present position, copies of certificates / testimonials and addresses of three (3) referees plus day-time telephone/Mobile phone contacts to the address below. All applications should be submitted NOT later than 21st October 2019 to:
The Head of HR and Support Services, Uganda Clays Ltd, P.O. Box 3188, Kampala.
Uganda Clays limited is an equal opportunity employer. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification