The Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage i electricity distribution network and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. The company monitors Umeme Ltd's investment, generation, and distribution of power in eight territories covering over 67 Districts, operation of the pole plant at Lugogo, and execution of some rural electrification schemes on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources. The Company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandans for the following roles: .
To Support the ECP programme by: Capturing, Updating the Database as a regulator requirement, then make timely reports on the status of the Programme for easy Monitoring.
• Develop, document and Maintain the ICT hardware and Software register.
• Analyse and Capture ECP Transactions into various Database applications.
• Facilitate the development of end user support procedures.
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
• BSc. Information Technology or Information science/system/Computer Engineering/Science from a reputable tertiary Institution.
• One Year Minimum Experience handling Similar role in busy setting
• Good knowledge of Office Systems and software applications including: Ms Office, Ms project, MS Visio, SQL, Crystal reports
• Must be able to work under pressure and committed to Corporate IT Standards.
• Demonstrate of innovative technical approaches to set up databases and generate multiple reports.
Job Education Requirements: BSc. Information Technology
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
All interested candidates who wish to join UEDCL in the aforementioned capacities are encouraged to visit our website at http://www.uedcl.co.ug : select "Careers" to view the job details and follow the application instructions. After reviewing the job detail, candidates uploads should not exceed IMB. Please note that the deadline for receiving applications is 18 November 2019 at 5:00 pm.