Vacancy title:3 Infection Control & Prevention Officers
Deadline of this Job:27 November 2020
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative biomedical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services, and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
INFECTION CONTROL & PREVENTION OFFICER
DUTY STATION: SEMBABULE, MPIGI, KYOTERA
The officer shall participate in health education of study participants, data collection, documentation, informed consent process pre and post HIV test counseling, and to ensure that high quality data produced in a timely manner.
- To track potential study participants for enrolment into the study
- Completing household census forms and survey questionnaires and/or forms/GIS data in accordance with protocol and checking for validity/consistency of the information collected, as well as collecting and validating information (during survey) that was not readily available at the time of census for reasons such as absence of a household member.
- Maintaining regular contact with the team leader and interviewers for purposes of continuous guidance to the team on matters pertaining to data quality.
- Update coordination office, data, and quality control team(s) in a timely manner when there are challenges relating to ambiguity of forms, questions, and electronic data capture systems.
- Collect, label, temporarily store biological specimens in the field; and transport /hand them over to the field laboratory contact person as soon as possible; and ensuring sterility of equipment used for specimen collection as well as ensuring proper bio-hazard disposal.
- Perform pre & posttest counseling for community members
- Conduct health education and mobilization of participating communities
- Provide continuous training to field staff as a way of mentoring co-workers
- Identify and document errors and cause the interviewers/TL to correct the identified errors preferably the same day.
- Taking and record vital measurements, and other relevant clinical examinations.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Academic qualifications: Diploma in Clinical Medicine.
- Certificate in HIV / AIDS Counselling
- Registration with Allied Health Professional Councils or with a relevant professional body.
- Certificate in Human subject or GCP implementation or equivalent professional development training.
- Working experience: At least 2 years’ experience working in a research setting.
- Registration with the relevant body.
- Computer training skills
- Ability to interact productively and work in a team environment
- Self-motivated, innovative, and capable of meeting deadlines.
- Willingness to travel and provide care services at selected health facilities and outreaches
- Willingness to work and live in rural areas is required
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid permit is an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Diploma
Job Exprience Requirements: 2 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates in One document (PDF/ Word), addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com . Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered. Deadline for Submission: Friday 27th November 2020 by 5:00pm. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.