The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention. Care and Treatment; Training, Global Health Security, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-john Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach. In order to achieve the above objectives, IDI seeks to recruit motivated and competent Internal Audit Assistants as indicated below;
job Title: 3 Internal Audit Assistant
Vacancy Code: IASXGB
Classiﬁcation :Ful1 time
Reporting : Senior Internal Auditor
Duty Station : Kampala
The Internal Audit Assistant will be responsible for performing internal audits of IDI projects and IDI sub-grantees in accordance with the audit work plan and audit programme and any other assignments by the supervisor(s)..
• Assist in defining/ establishing the objectives scope and methodology of the audit.
• Perform research to obtain background information for the audit.
• Prepare for and participate in entry and exit meetings with auditees.
• Perform cash counts, stock counts, ﬁxed assets veriﬁcation or other audit procedures as needed to meet the audit objectives.
• Create work papers to document audit work performed and highlight points for supervisors’ attention as well as support the internal audit report,
• Prepare audit ﬁles and index working papers, ensuring that audit ﬁles are organized, legible, and logically developed to support the internal audit reports conclusions.
• Perform site visits as required at the ﬁeld offices to verify physical. performance of activities and evaluate internal control systems.
• Produce audit ﬁndings and appropriate recommendations that are developed and are presented in the required audit report format.
• Perform follow-up procedures to assess the adequacy of managements implementation of prior recommended actions.
• Participate in carrying out risk assessments of potential sub- grantees.
• Assist in fraud investigations and gathering evidence as and when required.
• Communicate status of work to the supervisor(s) on a regular basis.
• Perform any other duties as may be reasonably assigned.
The candidate should possess a Bachelor‘s Degree from a reputable University in any of the following disciplines Business Administration, Commerce, Statistics, Economics, or a related ﬁeld. Studying to gain a professional qualiﬁcation such as ACCA, CPA or CIA would be an added advantage. Other certiﬁcations such as CFE are strongly recommended.
Minimum Experience and Exposure:
At least two years of experience in a reputable audit ﬁrm. Previous NGO experience and knowledge is advantageous.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Knowledge of audit procedures and requirements
• Knowledge of accounting packages
• preferably Navision.
• Knowledge of donor accountability requirements
• Excellent communication skills in English both verbally and in writing
• Effective report writing skills
• Data analytical skills including audit sampling techniques
• Critical-thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to use professional judgment and skepticism to conduct work.
• Ability to comprehend and interpret policies, procedures, laws. regulations and guidelines
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co - workers and auditees.
• Work both independently on own initiative and as a team member.
• Operate standard ofﬁce equipment and personal computers using spreadsheets and processing applications.
• Perform frequent trips to our project sites up country.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor‘s Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position. please send your CVs. which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certiﬁcate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 3rd November 2019. (Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’: save the environment).
1. IDI is on equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Internal candidates who meet the required speciﬁcations and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
3. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certiﬁcates are attached as one document
4. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
5. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualiﬁcation.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre,
Makerere University Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 21418, Kampala, Uganda