Vacancy title:IT Security Officer
Deadline of this Job:09 May 2021
The IT Security Officer implements security policies, principles, and standards. He/she works with the rest of the ICT Team to select and deploy technical controls to meet specific security requirements and implements processes and standards to ensure that security configurations are maintained. .
Specific duties/ Accountabilities:
- Collaborate on IT process initiatives to ensure that security solutions are delivered in an effective and efficient manner.
- Work with infrastructure team members to identify, select, and implement technical controls.
- Assist IT staff in the resolution of reported security incidents.
- Monitor daily or weekly reports and security logs for unusual events.
- Assist in the development of security processes and procedures and support service-level agreements (SLAs) to ensure that security controls are managed and maintained.
- Research, evaluate, recommend and plan the implementation of new or updated information security technologies.
- Ensure that all new implementations of ICT solutions are compliant with the organization’s security requirements; ensuring best practice is always followed.
- Monitor and ensure that appropriate levels of security exist in the following: PC’s, client-server, LAN, WAN, broadband networks, web environments, firewalls, IP telephony, disaster recovery and applications, etc.
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of data at rest or while in transit between endpoint devices, servers and other systems including any data at rest on hosted, third party systems where ICT have been involved.
- Work with the ICT team to ensure that Issues identified during vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits are resolved.
- Review logs generated from information-security-related hardware and software and send summaries to the supervisor for review
Job Skills : Not Specified
Qualifications, Skills, Competencies, & Experience:
- A Bachelors Degree in IT, Computer Science or any other relevant discipline
- At least two years of ICT Security management experience, including one year of technical experience.
- Planning and Organizational skills
- Integrity and honesty
- Problem solving and good judgment skills
- Analytical skills
- Good communication skills both written and spoken
- Positive attitude
- Keen to learn and to share knowledge
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Applicants please visit: https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=e5ErX9XTdkudQ-gnHZ7Nn2jzUTqeytJOkyP-j24RyyJUQzc3OFRKTjYwRkxITUozUlNIOFhVMDBJUy4u