Vacancy title:IT Datawarehouse Specialist
Deadline of this Job:30 November 2020
Design, model, or implement corporate data warehousing activities.
Program and configure warehouses of database information and provide support to warehouse users.
Specific duties/ Accountabilities:
- Develop and implement data extraction procedures from other systems.
- Design, configure, optimize, monitor, and maintain the Umeme data warehouse and in doing so provide an effective, reliable, and secure data warehouse environment.
- Provide or coordinate troubleshooting support for data warehouses.
- To manage the implementation of identified data warehouse projects based on a broad and detailed knowledge of current and emerging data warehouse technologies and to provide technical input into projects undertaken by or impacting on UMEME.
- To act as a technical subject matter expert on technical issues as part of the decision-making process for technical direction and procurement of new data warehousing systems.
- Map data between source systems, data warehouses, and data marts.
- Verify the structure, accuracy, or quality of warehouse data.
Knowledge, qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in IT, Computer Science, or its equivalent.
- Technical certification in Data warehouse management.
- Track record in Data warehouse implementation & management.
- At least 8 years’ experience in Data warehouse management
- Experience across the entire Data warehouse project lifecycle
- Previous experience in the utility sector
- Experience in SAP Business Warehouse
Skills and Competences:
- Planning and Organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Integrity and honesty
- Problem-solving and good judgment skills
- Analytical skills
- Keen to learn and to share knowledge
- Sound DBA background with an understanding of Oracle and SQL
- Competence in preparation of business and technical specifications and related documentation
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 8 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click here to apply. https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=e5ErX9XTdkudQ-gnHZ7Nn2jzUTqeytJOkyP-j24RyyJUQzU5S0c0NVVVSks0VFdBT0JHQ1ZUUllCRy4u