Vacancy title:3 Laboratory Technicians
Deadline of this Job:07 May 2021
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) was founded to contribute to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease. TASO is implementing a five (5) year project (2017-2022), funded by the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to support The Government of Uganda accelerate epidemic control in Soroti and Karamoja Region. The goal of the project is to Achieve Epidemic Control through attainment of the 95-95-95 UNAIDS targets by 2020 and strengthening health systems in Soroti and Karamoja Region. .
Main Purpose of the Job:
To administer laboratory services of the Centre, and ensure that the services are well planned for, provided with necessary resources and implemented in accordance with set policies and standards.
- Laboratory services managed
- Laboratory investigations carried out as requested
- Quality control of laboratory reagents and equipment maintained
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct CD4, Viral Load, Haematology, clinical chemistry, microbiology, proficiency testing and other routine tests
- Observe Quality assurance while performing all laboratory procedures
- Prepare patients for sampling
- Carry out the test procedures correctly, accurately and timely. Perform sample processing, testing and analysis using MoH SOPs and automated instruction where applicable for the respective assays.
- Record and report results according to SOPs while observing timely dissemination of results to clinicians/patients
- Preparing of samples for shipment.
Laboratory Technician; Minimum Academic Qualification: Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology with evidence of registration with allied health professional council.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Skills in Phlebotomy procedure
- Knowledge of the local language.
Customer care principles, Team work, Supervisory skills, focussed, obedient, analytical, networking and communication skills, documentation and reporting, presentation and training skills, proficient use of automated laboratory instrumentation...
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Only qualified and eligible candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees including: their telephone and email contacts.
All interested candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Job application Form which can be down loaded from the TASO Website at www.tasouganda.org or TASO Offices in Soroti, and hand deliver applications with the relevant credentials to:
The Center Program Manager
TASO Soroti Center of Excellence
located inside the Soroti Hospital Complex:
Posting Date: 26th April 2021
Closing Date: 07th May 2021 at 12:00pm