Performs as a Lead Systems Engineer to support/lead efforts to define system concepts and systems engineering solutions to meet customer and operational requirements of advanced Airborne ISR manned and unmanned systems. This will include requirements definition, system design and architecting and integration of communications systems, RADAR signal processing systems, electro-optics systems, and other systems. The successful candidate will need to work in a dynamic environment and have experience with rapid prototyping of systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support analyses and studies for requirements development and decomposition, engineering feasibility, system affordability, reliability, maintainability, testability, systems integration, vulnerability, and susceptibility.
- Assist with the development of planning (WBS and schedules) implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk and issues tracking.
- Supports efforts to test and validate unit level and system level design, requirements and functionality; including test plan development, test criteria, and post-test reports.
- The candidate will support and evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical and functional requirements.
- Assist with analyses and design activities to optimize total system architecture.
- Maintain a requirements tractability matrix with tools such as DOORS or CORE 9.
- Support modeling efforts that may include Systems Requirements development, management, and verification, System Performance modeling, analysis, algorithm development using MATLAB or similar tools, Test planning, execution, and reporting as well as other Systems Engineering functions as required to support system development and fielding.
- Assist the development of system specifications (e.g. ICD, A-spec, etc.)
- Participate in design reviews and Technical Interchange Meetings (TIM)
- May be required to assist the Cyber security team with DoD RMF implementation, which could include system vulnerability scans, STIG implementation, POA&M development, and policy updates and reviews.
Education and Experience
Must have a technical Bachelor's in engineering, physics or mathematics with 10 years’ relevant experience in systems engineering or technical Master's with 8 or more years' experience in systems engineering
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge in Systems Engineering practices
- Knowledge in engineering requirements development and management
- Prior systems engineering and systems integration experience on AISR systems is required.
- Experience with software development required.
- Experience with the integration of C4ISR sensors is highly desired.
- Must possess good communication skills, both oral and written; technical leadership skills desired.
- Experience in leading and conducting mathematical analysis, modeling and simulation efforts to support product development is desired;
- Ability to maintain a detailed engineering schedule with logic and dependencies
- Ability to plan and execute systems engineering related actions
- Ability to work independently with little direction or oversight
- Ability to develop complex engineering diagrams and drawings
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite (e.g. Power Point, Word, Excel)
- Candidates are required to be a US Citizen and hold an active TS clearance with SCI eligibility.
- 10% travel to OCONUS locations expected.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.