Vacancy title:Maintenance Technician - Plumbing Works
Deadline of this Job:07 May 2021
Uganda National Examinations Board is a body corporate established under Cap. 137 Laws of Uganda. Its Vision is "A Recognized Centre of Globally Competitive Educational Assessment and Certification" and its mission is "Conduct Valid, Reliable, Equitable and Quality Assessment of Learners' Achievement in a Professional and Innovative Manner and Award Internationally Recognized Certificates". The Board invites suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the position:
Job Title: Maintenance Technician - Plumbing Works
Responsible to: Estates and Works Officer
Salary Scale: EB 7
Purpose of the Job: To perform routine plant maintenance in respect of civil/ plumbing works to create a pleasant work environment. .
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing a range of plumbing fixtures and maintenance works.
- Selecting and maintenance of the tools and materials appropriate to the jobs to be carried out. Preparing lists of materials and items required for carrying out plumbing fixtures and maintenance.
- Observing all health and safety rules applying to all general maintenance works to ensure safe working practices.
- Maintaining any required records of works carried out and reporting any plumbing defects at all UNEB premises.
Key Performance Indicators
- Required fixtures and repairs attended to immediately
- Basic tool maintenance done and safety gear available
- Maintenance works take account of safety and environmental regulations
- Maintenance records available
Major decision making
- Maintenance schedule
- Appropriate tools
- Requisitions for maintenance
- Need for outsourcing specific service
Minimum of Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or an equivalent and an Advanced Craft Certificate in civil/plumbing works or related qualification.
Proven work experience in general civil/plumbing works and maintenance or similar position for at least three years.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
All eligible candidates should submit their applications with detailed CVs, copies of academic transcripts and certiﬁcates, telephone contacts and addresses of three referees m hard copies, delivered to the address below OR submit in soft form at email@example.com ,
NOT LATER THAN 5:00 pm of Friday 7th May 2021
The Executive Secretary
Uganda National Examinations Board
Plot 35 Martyrs way - Ntinda
P 0 Box 7066 -