BRAC is a global leader in creating large-scale opportunities for the poor. Founded in Bangladesh in 1972, it is now one of the world's largest development organizations, touching the lives of an estimated 138 million people in 11 countries across Asia and Africa. For more information please visit BRAC’s website, www.brac.net . BRAC Uganda invites suitably qualiﬁed Ugandans to ﬁll up the following available vacant position.
BRAC Uganda Health Program
The health Program in Uganda began in 2008 to ensure that people living in poverty can access quality, affordable health services. The goal of the BRAC health program is to improve maternal health and reduce under-5 child morbidity and mortality.
BRAC Uganda through its health program will be implementing a USAID funded Health Systems Strengthening Activity in 60 districts of Uganda. The purpose of the Uganda Health Systems Strengthening (UHSS) activity is to strengthen Uganda’s health system through technical assistance that will improve leadership era accountability for results in public and private health sectors at national, sub-national, and community levels; implement innovative interventions that increase efﬁcient use, governance, and management of key health system resources including human resources for health, ﬁnance, equipment I infrastructure; and strengthen state and no state community health systems that are critical for improved quality of health services.
Job Title: Master Health Trainer
Core roles and Responsibilities.
• Support training of Community Health Workers and othercadres
• Plan and implement pre-sen/ice and in-service supportive training and supervision, and develop a support system to strengthen the quality of health services being provided in the communities.
• improve, build and maintain the community health work force capacity, visibility and ensure quality of the health senrices provided by them.
• Supervise and monitor activities of the health program team, including and not limited to the UHSS Project Ofﬁcers, Project Assistants, and CHPs working with the project to ensure quality and maximum use ot their skills and their full and effective participation at the community level.
• Work closely with the District Health Ofﬁces and Health Facilities to support the health systems strengthening initiatives under the UHSS.
• Safeguarding roles
a. Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on sate guarding for establishing a safe working environment.
b. Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safe guarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
c. Follow the safe guarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Required Qualiﬁcations and Skills.
• Basic degree in Nursing, public health or any health related field. Training qualiﬁcation or experience in health is an asset.
• 2-3 years strong experience in building the capacity of individuals and organization.
• Skills in at least 2 or more of the following technical areas, strengthening service delivery programs, supporting referrals and linkages: service quality improvement and managing house hold approach interventions.
• Proven ability to work with in rural communities.
• Excellent supervisory and mentorship skills.
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2-3 years
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their Application (addressed to the Manager, HR & Training) & CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly. Only complete applications will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application deadline: 18th November, 2019. BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment.