The Military Analyst Senior acts as a Senior Logistics Analyst on a project or program that is complex and/or novel in concept and development related to military operations and strategy. Develops problem resolution options based on thorough knowledge of the situation, globally, as well as internally, utilizing complex quantitative and qualitative theory and principles to develop viable options.
Under the general direction of a project, program, and/or division manager, and within the scope of work derived from a contract with a government customer, performs multi-faceted assignments requiring the analysis and synthesis of complex systems and projects. Develops and evaluates plans for various projects or program activities to meet requirements. Assesses and recommends the feasibility of proposed approaches to solve problems. Possesses a thorough knowledge of applicable operational mission areas and national defense requirements.
- Applies extensive operational and analytical background logistical leadership experience gained from formal education, training, previous positions, and leadership roles, as well as proficiency in advanced analytic theory, management, and principles, during international, US Government interagency, joint, and combined operations at tactical, operational, strategic and national levels to solve current and/or future mission needs and to correct problem areas. Leads and participates in operational support coordination and analytical implementation teams, working groups, program development forums, special activities, readiness exercises, training, education and other forums as required to accomplish requirements.
- Coordinate /synchronize PNF Line Haul (LH) and POL requirements with PJM’s guidance and AFRICOM objectives; engages directly with PNF and US counterparts; performs Gap Analysis, capability assessments; develops effective LH and POL TTP; performs US customer relations at the tactical level; inventories GFE and Alion equipment.
- Conduct pre/post-deployment activities; produce administrative and technical reports as required, advises PM/PJM, LH/POL SME reach-back. Reports to PM.
- Performs Training and Logistics duties. Performs inventory control, service plans, repairs, replacements, and administrative functions required perform these duties. Manages team logistics, accountability, and procurement procedures; Coordinates with In Country Lead and team SME’s all issues regarding equipment inventory and resource requirements; trains US and PNF key stakeholders as required. Conducts airfield operations support functions. Performs facility, lodging, and transportation management activities. Manages monthly equipment inventories, performs QC/QA and Gap Analysis, will report findings to the In Country Lead. Deploys, coordinates and manages team requirements for movement to remote locations; performs advanced party activities, site survey activities, and prepares locations for operations. Produces monthly inventory and facility disposition reports.
- Provides policy and guidance recommendation to the PM, program staff, and Alion management based on thorough analysis that utilizes solid principles and methods.
- Operates in multinational, interagency, joint, and service unique environments.
- Initiates and develops operational ideas in specialty area, and develops effective implementation schemes. Plans, develops, coordinates, and may direct (on an ad hoc basis) large projects or several small complex projects. Prepares or coordinates the preparation of complex proposals as required.
- Establishes and monitors standards for the quality of programs and documents. Assists in the resolution of project and program priorities. Assures quality control throughout all contract activities.
- Develops and executes budgets, work breakdown structures and other management procedures as required to monitor and control projects.
- Demonstrates superior writing and presentation skills to develop briefings, documents, papers, conceptual, and analytical reports for clients.
- Maintains and complies with security procedures in the performance of duties.
- May provide direction, training, and assistance to other project staff, as a senior expert in a particular field of endeavor.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in management or a related military discipline plus 10 to 12 years of relevant work experience.
- In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 12 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving complex operations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Willingness to deploy to and work in austere conditions, proven independent decision making skills, and experience working in the AFRICOM AOR highly desirable.
- Have at least 7 years of experience as a manager, director, program coordinator, or supervisor.
- Experienced in working overseas with US military commands, staff sections, and foreign nationals and operating independently or as a small team.
- Experience in supply and logistics mission planning at a Brigade Combat Team (BCT) or Combined Task Force Level.
- Experience in shipping and packaging requirements for all classes of supply and have the ability to articulate those requirement to partner nation forces (PNF) component partners.
Candidates are required to be a US Citizen and hold a TS clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Applicants must be fully deployable according to AFRICOM, EUCOM, SOUTHCOM, and CENTCOM’s Theater Entry Requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
We are an EOE that values our employee’s talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength.
Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information.
U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.