Vacancy title:Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer
Deadline of this Job:21 October 2021
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission
is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The Institute anticipates the award of a five-year USAID-funded project (2020-2015) titled USAID Program for Accelerated TB Control in Karamoja (USAID PACT-Karamoja) that aims to increase TB case detection in all districts of Karamoja region. In collaboration with key stakeholders in the region, PACT-Karamoja will focus on regional and district structures for the management of drug susceptible TB, drug resistant TB and TB preventive services in the districts of Abim, Amudat, Kaabong, Karenga, Kotido, Moroto, Nabilatuk, Nakapiripirit and Napak
In order to contribute to achievement of the above objectives, IDI wishes to recruit motivated
and competent individuals to fill the vacancies below on a full-time basis;
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer – (Vacancy Code: MELO-X001)
Reports to: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor
Duty Station: Moroto
The MEL Officer shall head the data management section of PACT Karamoja. The MEL Officer will provide overall management of data, oversight of documentation within the facilities, mentorship of health facility and district staff in capturing and management of HMIS data in
line with current national and USG guidelines. S/he will collaboratively work district biostatisticians to provide technical over sight of data teams and health facility teams to ensure generation and maintenance of high-quality data that informs TB
and TB-HIV servile planning and implementation efforts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Propose and implement methods to enhance the quality of data collected by the district health information teams and project data officers.
- Propose and implement enhancements to a data management system to meet the project objectives
- Carry out data analysis from the database and provide relevant reports.
- Perform routine backups and ensure the security of data captured into the project HMIS & other electronic databases.
- Acts as the point person for all data-related requests and ensure that users’ data needs are satisfied.
- Train appropriate staff at partner facilities and the district on how to collect and manage data
- Provide ongoing support to ensure the quality of data gathered.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy, and consistency of data entered into the project data management system, hybrid and DHIS2
- Produce and distribute reports and summaries of data for project reporting and other purposes
- Perform analysis and interpretation of data as & when required for project requirements.
- Liaises with the project M&E team and key stakeholders to ensure timely preparation of periodic reports and data summaries.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, IT or relevant field
- Additional training in data management packages is an added advantage
- At least 5 years experience in data management.
- Experience in navigation of DHIS2 and USG data requirements.
- Previous experience in supporting busy TB,TB/HIV district data systems Is an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills and is able to work in teams.
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials, and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated
email address not later than 21st October 2021. Please follow this link https://idi.mak.ac.ug/hrms to apply for this position.
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at
3. At least one year will be given priority.
4. Make sure that your application letter, CV, and certificates are attached as one document
5. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
6. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
7. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus;
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda