Vacancy title:Office Assistant
Deadline of this Job:23 January 2021
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) is one of the national Assessment Boards in Uganda. This is a professional Examinations Board with the mandate to streamline, regulate, coordinate and conduct credible examinations and award Certificates and Diplomas in the Business, Technical and Vocational professions. The Board, therefore, conducts Business, Technical and Vocational examinations, including Applied Science specialties such as Biological Sciences (Agricultural, Fisheries, Wildlife, Forestry, Bee keeping, and other related fields), Physical Sciences (Meteorology, Surveys and Land Management, and other related fields), Cooperative, Social Development, Hotel, Catering and Tourism. UBTEB is committed to conducting quality applied knowledge and skills Examinations with an ultimate goal of enabling the students to access further upward academic progressions and employment in the world of work. The Board emphasizes Integrity and transparency, Valid and Reliable Assessment, Commitment and Teamwork, Security and confidentiality, and Professionalism as the key guiding principles for building a strong organization.
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) now invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts in its establishment under the Directorates of Examinations Management and that of Finance, Human Resource and Administration. All applicants should be computer literate. The Board offers an attractive salary and benefit package to these positions.
Job Title: Office Assistant (1 Post)
Ref No: UBTEB/HRM-EXT/014/01/2021
Salary Scale: BTEB 8
Reports to: Administrative Officer
Department: Human Resource and Administration
To assist in the provision of office utilities and consumables and facilitate effective operation of offices. .
Duties and responsibilities
- open and lock office and keep in safe custody all office keys;
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of office premises
- Collect and deliver office items, documents, mail, and parcels to appropriate destinations;
- Prepare and serve tea/refreshments to staff and visitors;
- Undertake any official errands outside the office;
- Photocopy, scan and bind documents;
- protect office property while in office premises; and
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Working Experience
- A minimum of O’ level certificate (UCE) with a Credit in English with one year experience in the related work.
- OR a Uganda Community Polytechnic Certificate or Uganda Junior Technical/Vocational Certificate
- An additional qualification is an advantage.
- 20 – 40 years of age at entry.
- Time management
- Ability to communicate in English fluently
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer care
- Ethics and integrit
Job Education Requirements: O’ level certificate (UCE)
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Three sets of handwritten applications with detailed CVs and photocopies of Academic Certificates, Testimonials, Transcripts and/or Result slips; Three (3) most recent and clear passport size photographs, Names and addresses of two referees, A letter of recommendation from the current or most recent employer, telephone contacts and emails of both the applicant and the referees; should be submitted in sealed envelopes and hand delivered not later than 23rd January, 2021 at 5.00p.m to the address indicated below. The Job title and Reference Number should be clearly written on the top left corner of the envelope. Applications should be addressed to; The Executive Secretary, Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board; Plot 7 Valley Drive, Ntinda; P. O. Box 1499; Kampala – Uganda. Only successful applicants will be contacted.