Vacancy title: Operations Officer-Arua
Deadline of this Job:11 July 2020
Mercy Corps is looking for an Operations Officer responsible for leading the operations function in Arua Office. Ensures to maintain the operation field support function in a timely manner. The operations officer oversees all arrangements and coordination for program support logistical duties. .
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the daily coordination of Mercy Corps Program procurement activities;
- Ensure that Mercy Corps procurement policies and formats are properly used.
- Contribute to the overall program planning and implementation process.
- Assists program and support staff on creating clear and understandable purchase requests (PR) and other documentation;
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for PRs as assigned – as per Mercy Corps standards and formats;
- Interact with contractors, in coordination with the Programs and Operations departments of West Nile.
- Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions as to MC standards.
- Preparation of status reports on deliveries for programs, office management and recipient of supplies.
- Maintain thorough procurement files as outlined in the MC procurement policy;
- Maintain the filing of both hard copy and soft copy of the ongoing and complete purchase requests with all the supporting documents as required by the Mercy Corps Procurement Policy;
- Ensure the timely and well-documented delivery of supplies and services to respective MC Uganda field offices in coordination with the field-based logistics officers.
- Interacts with suppliers according to MC standards.
- Compliance checks in relation to Procurement manual and Donor requirement, (RPS On-Demand, segregation of duties, Referencing, AAM, Donor waivers, etc.)
- Facilitate Procurement Committee meetings and be part of this working committee on sealed quotation procedure, tender preparation, opening, evaluation and award process. Operations Officer responsible for documenting all committee meeting minutes and decisions and get required approvals.
- Manage the PR Master list for West Nile and make updates, on an ongoing basis.
- Provide Orientation on Procurement procedures from time to time to new recruits and Programs in line with MC policy.
- Conduct market surveys for prices and maintain a list of prices for commonly purchased items in all Program areas of operation.
- Maintain an updated Vendor database with all relevant details, legal status, tax clearance status, etc.
- Conduct site visits for construction-related procurements in collaboration with engineers and other program staff to verify services performed, materials and other direct deliveries made to beneficiaries.
- Sensitize vendors on Mercy Corps procurement procedures and advocate for high levels of integrity.
- Processing payments for completed procurements ensuring acknowledgment in terms of GRNs, Completion Certificates and waybills are completed by relevant staff.
- Complete Master Service Agreement (MSA) tenders and processes, and update MSA database.
- Work with requestors on in ensuring services and contracts are delivered according to agreed terms and condition
- Draw, check and update service contracts, as well as update the respective contracts databases periodically.
- Security Management
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country program management.
- Proactively ensure that the team operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- Be Security Focal Point for Arua and West Nile region. As Security Focal Person, coordinate with District Security officers; organize levies as needed for field trips.
- Ensure that security incident reports are completed and filed (including all vehicles’ related incidents).
- Ensure that accident reports are completed and filed.
- Ensure administrative systems are implemented as described in the Field Administration Manual.
- Oversee facility management, including housing and office leases; ensure that security standards are maintained at all premises.
- Maintain be updated, organized, clearly marked, and complete operations files.
- Pipeline prospectus reports for all good/commodities request by MC in for West Nile office or program, produced and filed by field office or program.
- Manuals, documentation, receipts, shipping documents, and other critical information such as passwords or programming is to be safely kept
Field Asset Management
- Oversee tracking of all assets and inventory
- Ensure all aspects of asset management including maintenance of asset register and investigation of missing assets.
- Ensure all the items bought that falls under Asset category according to MC Policies are properly registered on the Asset Register with all the required information
- Monitor if the register is properly maintained and it matches with the decentralized softcopy.
- Every six months review and physically crosscheck the Asset Register with the assets to ensure the asset tags are available on the assets and update the assets condition – depreciation if applicable.
- Ensure that the Mercy Corps warehouse formats, policy and procedures are followed.
- Ensure the smooth operation of a https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/MER1024MERCY/JobBoard/df92509c-10a2-4fc7-9d8c-ddae2a94d9fc/Account/Register?redirectUrl=%2FMER1024MERCY%2FJobBoard%2Fdf92509c-10a2-4fc7-9d8c-ddae2a94d9fc%2FOpportunityApply%3FopportunityId%3D164d4f49-6797-43ee-b97c-f3e509d39704&cancelUrl=%2FMER1024MERCY%2FJobBoard%2Fdf92509c-10a2-4fc7-9d8c-ddae2a94d9fc%2FOpportunityDetail%3FopportunityId%3D164d4f49-6797-43ee-b97c-f3e509d39704warehouse(s) in compliance with security procedures, health and safety, maintain the warehouse in a clean and tidy state
- Ensure that report of monthly stocks, end of grant stocks, fiscal year physical counts and other physical counts are prepared.
- Ensure that physical and electronic copies of inventory are maintained as per formats and forms provided in the Warehouse Manual.
- Ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy. Ensure that all vehicles have proper on-board vehicle documentation. Maintain administrative vehicle files for each vehicle.
- Ensure the continuous tracking of vehicle log-sheets; responsible for monthly compilation of fuel consumption.
- With the Operations Assistant, schedule vehicle usage to meet programmatic and operational needs. Maintain vehicle movement board daily. Oversee and ensure proper use of the vehicles.
- Oversee fuel consumption purchase and tracking including coordination with gas station(s)
- Ensure maintenance of vehicles (service and repairs of cars and bikes) are done in a timely manner.
- Ensure that tracking of vehicle expenses is in accordance with procurement policy.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to ensure proper tracking of drivers/Guards HR files.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
- Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
- to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Reports Directly to: The Head of Office
Works Directly With: Program, finance, and Operations team members
Ethics and Integrity
All Mercy Corps staff members are expected to behave ethically and demonstrate the highest integrity in their professional and personal life. Mercy Corps has zero-tolerance to any form of fraud, corruption, abuse, harassment or exploitation. Any breach of our policies or misconduct will lead to disciplinary action or may lead to termination
Job Skills: Not Specified
Knowledge and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management, Business Management, or a closely related field.
- At least three years’ experience in logistics, procurement, fleet management, and warehousing with international NGOs is an asset.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to maintain the procurement and logistics filing system, ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel, adaptability to unanticipated circumstances.
- Microsoft Office computer skills and experience with using email.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without supervision.
- Ability to communicate in English.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click here to apply: