Vacancy title:2 Pharmacy Technicians
Deadline of this Job:07 May 2021
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) was founded to contribute to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease. TASO is implementing a five (5) year project (2017-2022), funded by the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to support The Government of Uganda accelerate epidemic control in Soroti and Karamoja Region. The goal of the project is to Achieve Epidemic Control through attainment of the 95-95-95 UNAIDS targets by 2020 and strengthening health systems in Soroti and Karamoja Region. .
Main Purpose of the Job:
To administer pharmacy services of the Centre, and ensure quality assurance is ensured, clinical programs support and inventory managed and controlled.
- Reports prepared and submitted
- Quality Assurance ensured
- Clinic programs supported
- Inventory Management and Control ensured
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Generate and submit a monthly reports
- Conduct monthly physical stock count to monitor stock and track expiries and ensure that stock cards are updated both manual and computerized.
- Make timely reports to the supplier (MAUL) and Headquarters
- Enforce/promote rational dispensing and utilization of drugs
- Ensure that drugs needed in the community are pre-packed timely and fully accounted for at the end of ART refill
- Counsel staff and clients per on drug interactions and side effects
- Put clients receiving drugs from the community (CDDP and CCLAD model) into their cohort in SPIMS
- Ensure that the drugs available are stored under the right temperature
- Properly dispose off expired pharmaceutical products
- Collect and document information on adverse drug reactions
Job Skills : Not Specified
Person Specifications; Diploma in pharmacy with evidence of registration with allied health professional council and knowledge of the local language.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Only qualified and eligible candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees including: their telephone and email contacts.
All interested candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Job application Form which can be down loaded from the TASO Website at www.tasouganda.org or TASO Offices in Soroti, and hand deliver applications with the relevant credentials to:
The Center Program Manager
TASO Soroti Center of Excellence
located inside the Soroti Hospital Complex:
Posting Date: 26th April 2021
Closing Date: 07th May 2021 at 12:00pm