Vacancy title:Post-Harvest & Agro Processing (PHAP) Theme Coordinator
Deadline of this Job:29 May 2020
SASAKAWA AFRICA ASSOCIATION (Sasakawa Global 2000-Uganda)
SAA/SG2000 is a non-profit non-governmental international organization that promotes demonstration And widespread adoption of improved pre- and postproduction agricultural technologies for smallholder farmers in Uganda in collaboration with relevant government institutions, farmer' organizations and the private sector. Sasa kawa Global 2000-Uganda wishes to recruit a highly competent, organized, pro-active, self-driven and experienced professional to fill the position of;
POSITION: Post-Harvest & Agro Processing (PHAP) Theme Coordinator
REPORTS TO: PHAP THEME DIRECTOR (TD) AND COUNTRY DIRECTOR (CD)
The PHAP Theme Coordinator coordinates and leads the PHAP team consisting of at least a Program Officer and/or a Senior Program Officer, and in coordination with other themes, carry out program activities that contribute to the implementation of the value-chain extension approach.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Lead development of PHAP program (monthly/ quarterly/ annual) work plan and budget and also lead the development of partnerships.
• Conduct, analyze and report on PHAP needs assessment and contribute to baseline survey in selected sites in collaboration with other themes.
• Analyze and develop an extension program to promote improved postharvest handling, storage and other value-adding technologies, including the development of off farm agro-processing enterprise and improving nutrition for rural families.
• Plan, organize, coordinate and conduct training on PHAP for Subject Matter Specialists or Extension Agents and farmers, especially women, youth and People with Disabilities.
• Analyze the technical performance and economic viability of PHAP extension models to be promoted.
• Develop PHAP training materials for use by trainers and farmers under the guidance of TD/CD.
• Provide feedback to thematic colleagues and partners on technology selection, performance and impacts through demonstrations, meetings and reports.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual technical reports and submit to CD and TD.
• Supervise and evaluate staff, and train them in relevant topics to update and improve their technical expertise.
• Capacity building for extension agents. .
• Collect information on other donors on PHAP and write project proposals in consultation with CD/TD
• Participate in fundraising (proposal writing), and lead development of MoUs. Promote synergy among other themes along the value chain
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Education Background and Experience:
• MSc in Postharvest Management, Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Food Technology, Rural Development, or any other relevant education.
• Bachelors in Agricultural Engineering, Food Technology, Related Field Must have 12+ years of experience in the relevant field.
• Econometric and statistical analysis and reporting skill Knowledge on Postharvest technologies and food system analysis
• Agri-business skills
• Ability to develop relevant partnership and networking
• Project Management skills
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send by E-mail an application letter, a CV with names of 3 referees and scanned copies of relevant academic credentials (as one Attachment) not later than 29th May 2020 to: The Country Director, Sasakawa Africa Association-Uganda Ruth Towers, Plot 15A Clement Hill Road P.O Box 6987, Kampala-Uganda E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org CC: email@example.com Sasakawa Global 2000 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All successful applicants should be ready to start work immediately.