The role is responsible for managing the portfolio of HIV Prevention interventions including HIV testing services (HTS), combination of biomedical, Behavioural and Structural HIV prevention interventions whilst targeting key and priority populations at risk of HIV.
- Provide strategic direction for HIV Prevention program design, planning and implementation within Baylor-Uganda programs.
- Develop, review and manage HIV prevention program work plans and budgets.
- Build capacity of Project staff and districts in HTS and HIV prevention programming including Gender Integration through training and mentorship.
- Coordinate and monitor progress of implementation of HTS and all HIV prevention interventions including Gender integration whilst targeting key populations and priority populations.
- Prepare and avail timely HIV Prevention program reports.
- Closely work with Business development Unit to develop fundable grant proposals
- Closely work with Research department to provide oversight in the execution of operational research for HIV Prevention.
- Develop and maintain effective corporate, government, and community partnerships or relations that enhance impactful HIV prevention program.
- Provide leadership to the HIV Prevention Program team to ensure timely recruitment, their retention and performance through timely performance appraisal, coaching and professional development.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- A Master’s degree in Public Health
- Background degree in Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Registered with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council
- 5 years of relevant working experience preferably in health development with a reputable international NGO, and direct experience with government and donor representatives.
- 3 years of experience in managing prevention programs/projects.
- 5 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply directly using the apply button below. In case you have any further questions about the role, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org