Vacancy title: Prevention Officer
Deadline of this Job:31 March 2020
JOB DETAILS: RAKAI HEALTH SCIENCES PROGRAM
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative biomedical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
DUTY STATION: KALISIZO
The position holder shall Ensure that Gender-Based Violence (GBV)/facility-community linkages data is entered into respective registers/records in real-time. Train and mentor facility staff and volunteers on technical GBV/facility-community linkage matters.
• Ensure that GBV monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual targets in the cluster/districts are met
• Expedite implementation and scale-up of the GBV quality assessment tool with fidelity in the cluster/districts in line with recommended guidelines
• Provide ongoing technical support and capacity building to facility staff, CBO staff, and volunteers during program implementation.
• Compile monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual reports on time and with accurate data following recommended formats and guidelines
• Supervises and coordinates activities of linkage volunteers, facility focal persons and CSOs to scale up bi-directional referrals and linkage between the community and supported health facilities and other institutions in the cluster/districts
• Support the scale-up community models of differentiated service delivery (DSDM) by mobilizing and organizing clients into CCLAD groups and coordinating CCLAD and CDDP outreaches.
• Jointly work with facilities to generated lists of clients for follow up and TB/HIV contact tracing/reverse-contact tracing
• Offer technical support to CSOs, health workers and volunteers to strengthen community-facility linkages aimed at improving patient adherence, retention, self-management, and psychosocial services in the cluster/districts.
• Compile monthly and quarterly reports on the performance of facility-community linkages activities in line with recommended guidelines
• Implements SOPs that enhance the linkage into care of patients referred from community testing points and from facility to facility or from facility to community
• Any other duty(s) assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Counseling, Humanities, BSc Nursing or closely related field.
• Experience of linkages/ GBV work for at least one year with a reputable organization.
• Possession of an HIV/AIDS Certificate in Counseling is an added advantage.
• Motorcycle riding skills is a requirement (possess a riding permit)
• Pleasant, social, hardworking, flexible, with a spirit of teamwork/building.
• With good interpersonal skills, and high integrity.
• Fluent in English and Luganda (spoken and written).
• Willingness to work and reside in a rural setting - Rakai or Kyotera District and to work for long hours
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees (include email address & contact number), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates in one document addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered. Deadline for Submission: Tuesday 31st March 2020 by 5:00 pm. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.