Vacancy title:2 Principal Selection Systems Officers (Research and Development)
Deadline of this Job:29 September 2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill available vacancies in Ministries/Departments/Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 29/9/2020. The link to the e-recruitment system can be accessed at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors .
Ministry/Department: Public Service Commission
Post: Principal Selection Systems Officer (Research and Development)
Reference: HRM 179/272/01
Minimum Age: 28.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Assistant Commissioner Selection Systems -Research and Development for performing the following duties:-
- Evaluating and validating the selection systems/tools in use;
- Conducting competence analysis and maintaining updated job profiles;
- Designing behavioral competence selection for jobs in salary Scales U8 to U6;
- Preparing reports for all assessment exercises conducted and performing analysis of competency-based examinations;
- Preparing technical papers, training materials and evaluating Departmental training programs;
- Maintaining a list of critical success factors for jobs in salary Scales U1 to U4;
- Maintaining data on the skills-based and gaps in the Public Service;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management/Personnel Management or Arts or Social Sciences with Human Resource Management/ Personnel Management as a subject, or Social Work and Social Administration; or Education; or Commerce (Management option); or Business Administration (Management option); or Business Studies; or Literature in English; or any Bachelor’s Degree with Literature in English; or Mathematics; or Philosophy; or Industrial /Organizational Psychology as a subject plus a Post Graduate Diploma in with Research Methods; or Statistical packages for Data Analysis from a recognized University/ Institution.
- Applicants should have six (6) years of relevant working experience in Management, three (3) of which should have been gained in the administration of Human Resource Selection Systems, or applied research in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
- Public Sector Management, Results in Orientation, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi-Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
- Strategic Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Policy Development, Change Management, Research, and Project Management Skills.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants are advised to:
- Apply ON-LINE.
- Scan and submit relevant documents (‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree and Professional Documents, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation, and promotion) on-line.
- Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
- Officers serving in the Public Service are required to print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain a recommendation from their Responsible Officers. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit them online.
- Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
- Click on “register as a new user” to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Biodata moving downwards
- If you already have an account simply click on your right and update your profile
- Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
- View the Job Details and Click “Apply now”.
- Review your application and SUBMIT.
NB. You can only apply for one post.
- Only applications on-line will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified through their e-mail addresses.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them their original certificates, transcripts, letters of employment, National Identity Cards, Letters from Referees during the Oral Interviews.
- Shortlisted Officers serving in the Public Service should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisal forms for the last three (3) Financial Years are submitted to the Commission before the date for Oral Interviews.
- In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org