Vacancy title: Procurement Officer-Re-Advertised
Deadline of this Job:26 January 2022
Food for the Hungry (FH) is a Christian international relief and development organization with a vision to end all forms of poverty. FH globally currently has programs in 26 countries and support offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, South Korea, United States of America, and Japan. FH that has been working in Uganda since 1989, with its head office in Kampala and operations in the districts of; Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba, and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health & Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction with the Head office located in Kampala.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – RE ADVERTISED
FH/Uganda is actively seeking for qualified candidates who is committed to its Heartbeat and Corporate Strategy to fill the career openings of;
Position Type: Full-Time National Staff
Reports to: Logistics manager
Contract Length: 2years (Fixed)
Start Date: Immediate
Under the supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Procurement Officer will conduct timely procurement of quality goods, services and works that comply with the required specifications while upholding Food for the Hungry’s procurement procedures and policies and maintaining high level of accountability and integrity.
Develop and maintain an up-to-date and efficient contracts management system and suppliers/service providers database management system with targets to avoid risks relating to delayed renewal and termination and prepare analytical monthly status reports in line with bank policy, best pro-active and departmental work. Managing vendor relationships and building effective supply chain partnerships**.**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Result Area #1- Procurement Processing and Payments
Key Result Area #2 Sourcing and Vendor Management*
Key Result #3 Contract Management and Monitoring*
Key Result #4 –*Stakeholder Relationship and Performance Management Key Result #3: Contract Management and Monitoring*
Job Level Specifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions;
Job Level Specifications
- Sound public and negotiation skills along with business acumen coupled with attention to details, maturity in decision making and time management skills
- Be highly proactive with personal initiative and drive, honest with a high level of integrity; a team-player with a positive attitude and good planning skills
- Strong research, report writing, communication and networking skills/interpersonal negotiation skills.
- Possess the ability to handle multiple projects and work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent Computer skills in MS Office packages.
- Possess the ability to work in a team to achieve excellence in execution, committed, accountable and passionate about the work we do.
- Commitment to Food for the Hungry Heartbeat and sensitivity to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliable and dependable.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Internal and external stakeholders Management.
- Updated Supplier database schedule
- Minimum 5 years in project procurement and logistics management experience within an INGO environment is required
- Minimum 5 years in a busy procurement and logistics department an INGO environment is required
- Thorough knowledge of donor requirements (DFID, USAID) contractual, procurement and reporting requirements required**.**
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management
- Professional Qualification/Certification such as Graduate Diploma in Purchasing & Supply Management – CIPS or equivalent.
- A relevant Post Graduate Qualification will be an added advantage
Proficiency in both written & spoken English is a Must.
Safeguarding & Protection Clause:
FH strives to provide an environment free from Sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and Fraud in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against Sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and Fraud. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat, Anti -Fraud, Safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Food for the Hungry Safeguarding, Anti-Fraud & HR policy. In line with this we will request information from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of fraud, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
*Disclaimer: It has come to our attention that several agencies or persons, are claiming to be acting on Food for the Hungry’s (FH)**behalf in recruiting or facilitating the recruitment of personnel. FH does not outsource its recruitment process to any organization or agency which, through website postings, mass e-mail messages or otherwise claims to be doing recruitment on its behalf. FH does not solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. FH will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.*
FHU is an equal opportunity employer.
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:**The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda,** Email: email@example.com not later than 26th January, 2022 at 4:30pm.