Vacancy title:Program Officer-Nutrition
Deadline of this Job:05 August 2021
Save the Children is seeking job applications for a Program Officer-Nutrition. Under the guidance of the Project Manager, The Program Officer, IYCF-E project DRC response, will ensure timely and cost-effective implementation of program activities, as well as monitoring activity implementation. The job holder will support the program manager on planning, budgeting, documentation and reporting.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
- University degree or professional diploma in a health or nutrition field
- A minimum of two years of experience,
- Working experience of in humanitarian nutrition programming will be an added advantage
- Experience as a community trainer
- Good capacity to work in a team and flexibility.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Good writing and presentation skills
- English fluency (verbal and written) required
- Good interpersonal and organization skills,
- Commitment to the values and mission of Save the Children.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English required.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.